Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here got an elite 11 if so are parts hard to come buy and would you reccomend buying one.

~Thanks Shane

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got a elite 11 and some prats are pretty easy to get buy for engine wise you can get enough

·
Registered
39 Posts
Elite 11 parts availability...

I have one and absolutley love it. Motor parts for the Polini motor is no problem, tons of parts support in this dept. In regards with fairings this will be a little trickier, I have managed to find a source but it is quite pricey, the nice thing about the fairings is that they are tougher than the plastic ones since they are made of fiberglass and can be repaired. This bike is really fast and you should really take it easy until you gradually get used to it. It does command respect, I would highly recommend a steering dampner since the Elite 11 tends to get squirly.

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
Madkickz said:
Anyone here got an elite 11 if so are parts hard to come buy and would you reccomend buying one.

~Thanks Shane
Shane,

First and foremost, as you know, the Elite 11 series was discontinued in 2002, so ideally, as with any older Minimoto, you'd want to make sure that it is in relatively good condition.

Without knowing how much your source is asking, it's difficult to say whether or not it's a good buy. If I'm not mistaken, the Elite 11 came in two different variations; the Elite 11W (H2O Cooled) and the Elite 11AR (Air Racer), which featured the 180 degree, side exiting exhaust.

As Xtreme said, it does feature a Polini powerplant and the aftermarket and/or parts support is no different than any other Polini Powered Minimoto.

I responded to your PM. My apologies for the late response.

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Elite 11 w/c and I LOVE IT! Fun bike to ride and have as a classic. It was the best looking bike in it's time and still looks better then some of the newer bikes out. Check mine out on SDminimoto.com under bikes.
kbizzle

·
Registered
920 Posts
While i've never ridden an Elite 11, I have seen Kbizzle's in person and it looks like it pulls hard. He was pulling away from a Polini 6.2hp bike which ironically has the same motor. I guess it's the blata stickers and frame that make the difference. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Steering Dampner...

IS300xBoi said:
what steering dampner would you recommend?
There are a few out there but for the price the SME is probably the one I would recommend. I am actually need one I just need to get myself to do so soon probably within the next month or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got an elite 11 as well, The parts are easy to come by. to order non engine parts, i usually go to blatausa.com, and for engine parts, I use midsouthminimoto.com

connor

·
Registered
39 Posts
Need some info on the Elite 11AR...

What is the actual horsepower rating on the AR Model?
What type of 14 Dell'Orto Carb is it? Is it the SHA 14/14 or the PHVA 14?--What is the difference between the two?
For the peeps that have changed their clutch, what did you upgrade to? Will the BZM clutch fit and which compound is best?
Tires? Should I stick with the T4 all around or should I get a T4I for the rear and T4 for the front or vise versa or T4I all around?
Motor--Which 6.2 motor is this the 3 port or 5 port(5 port Air cooled ones are discontinued if I remember correctly)
Elite 13 front forks, and front end parts(steering bars and other parts)fit on the Elite 11 series?

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
xtrememdx said:
What is the actual horsepower rating on the AR Model?
who cares, it has a good pipe that makes it faster then some other 6.2 a/c bikes
xtrememdx said:
What type of 14 Dell'Orto Carb is it? Is it the SHA 14/14 or the PHVA 14?
It says it right on the carb, mine has a 14/14 SHA
xtrememdx said:
--What is the difference between the two?
Adjustability
xtrememdx said:
For the peeps that have changed their clutch, what did you upgrade to? Will the BZM clutch fit and which compound is best?
Tires? Should I stick with the T4 all around or should I get a T4I for the rear and T4 for the front or vise versa or T4I all around?
All personal prefrence, any clutch that fits a polini works
xtrememdx said:
Motor--Which 6.2 motor is this the 3 port or 5 port(5 port Air cooled ones are discontinued if I remember correctly)
it is a 3 port to verify this you can look at the number on the head, and 5 port polini a/c heads are all long gone
xtrememdx said:
Elite 13 front forks, and front end parts(steering bars and other parts)fit on the Elite 11 series?
yes

Whats with all the questions all at once?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the info Obpr.......

Obpr said:
who cares, it has a good pipe that makes it faster then some other 6.2 a/c bikes
It says it right on the carb, mine has a 14/14 SHA
Adjustability
All personal prefrence, any clutch that fits a polini works
it is a 3 port to verify this you can look at the number on the head, and 5 port polini a/c heads are all long gone
yes

Whats with all the questions all at once?
Well the questions arose because some peeps that rode my bike think it's more than 6 hp(owner's manual states it in 5 kw which is on par for the 6 hp rating)but a lot of people have said that the AR with the racing pipe gives out more how much more I don't know but it has been said it yields about .5 hp or so. I just wanted to get the actual rating since when I bought it was rated at 8.5 hp(The reason why I'm asking if it has the 3 or 5 port then that would account for the big difference in the hp claim) so I really have no idea which is the correct hp rating? I actually don't care how much hp it really is but it would be nice to know that fact. Another reason I'm asking all these questions is because since winter is upon us I was thinking of what upgrades to do. Carb wise if the PHVA 14 is better than the SHA then I was thinking of swapping it out or going for maybe a 17(not looking for more hp but more for better on throttle and off throttle smoothness and response).

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
I think it's around 8bhp, just a guesstamit, you might want to consider converting the bike to a w/c, that would be the best thing you could do, that would make it possable to dissapate more heat and allow the use of a 17.5mm carb. you have to be carefull with an a/c you don't want to generate more heat then it can get rid of,

·
Registered
920 Posts
Obpr said:
I think it's around 8bhp, just a guesstamit, you might want to consider converting the bike to a w/c, that would be the best thing you could do, that would make it possable to dissapate more heat and allow the use of a 17.5mm carb. you have to be carefull with an a/c you don't want to generate more heat then it can get rid of,
So true. That is precisely why my A/C LOVES this time of the year. ;) The weather tends to be cooler so heat is blown away with relative ease. Now my W, that sucker stays chill. I cranked both of them up this morning (9:30am!) to get rid of any old fuel in the lines. Both started on first pull. The A/c has trouble starting in HOT weather for some reason. By trouble I mean 2 pulls. :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
AC to WC conversion....

Obpr said:
I guess I will need the WC Head,Radiator,Water pump,Coolant Reservoir,Hoses--too bad they don't have a complete and comprehensive kit that would just make life so easier. I hope it will be cost efficient to do this, anyone have an idea on how much this will cost?

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
the kit Giannini is making for his bike should have everything, the kit is to turn the bike from a 6.2 a/c to a 6.2 w/c, you will need to fabricate a few parts to make it work, (like radiator mount)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Giannini conversion.....

Obpr said:
the kit Giannini is making for his bike should have everything, the kit is to turn the bike from a 6.2 a/c to a 6.2 w/c, you will need to fabricate a few parts to make it work, (like radiator mount)
Cool.... I have some steel stock sitting in my garage that I can use to fabricate the mounts and I do have access to a TIG Welder--definitely a lot of possibilities here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts