Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 100 cc 4 stroke motor auto no gears elritc start only its outa a sunl 4 weeler honda knock off over head cam lifan type motor 2 questions can i get the parts to make it a kick start and can i put a larger jug and piston in it id like go to 125 or 150 cc do i have change heads or mill the case the jug i have now is stamped 97cm3 im assuming thats a 100 cc i have lots tools and welders are these mods possable?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The kickstart mod.................."No" because the clutch is mounted to the crank..If it were mounted to the countershaft it would definately be do-able

You cant make it a 125cc without very extensive mods but can make it a 114cc or 118cc even a 120cc depending on your mechanical inclination............

The best mods for a full auto engine are...................

head breather mod

22 or 25mm carb w/matching intake

super coil with hp wire

racing CDI that advances the timing

exhaust mod

racing tip sparkplug...CR7HSA or CR7HIX...............

high compression piston

regrind the stock camshaft or get a performance camshaft or get a 114cc kit with big valve head

You can take the stock engine and make it one wicked beast all in itself but takes tools and time to do.......................

Only a few know the true power potential that a 110cc can deliver on the cheap while others will scream change the engine with a pricetag at close to $1200.00 the least to upgrade it all the right way in the end................

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks cam 2 i got the tools and the time just gotta find the parts how do i know exalty what engin i really have so i can get right parts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i have all redy made cutsom exaust this engin i have is on my home made chopper in my pic does the 110cc head have bigger valves and the larger cam can i mix mach parts like 110 cc head on a 100 cc jug or vise versa the bike has plenty of power now it weghs 115 pounds and has 20 intch wheel the rera sproket is prety small 35 or 36 t it has plenty of take off but i want it to burn out i know it has a lot of top end ive had it up to 40 and plenty left i guess i want it to have more torqe but still have my top end

·
Registered
898 Posts
welcome dave!
the chopper is AWESOME!
i cant think of anything other than what cam2 said.......
hes the MAN
good luck!
and again.....sweet ride!
billy

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
i have all redy made cutsom exaust this engin i have is on my home made chopper in my pic does the 110cc head have bigger valves and the larger cam can i mix mach parts like 110 cc head on a 100 cc jug or vise versa the bike has plenty of power now it weghs 115 pounds and has 20 intch wheel the rera sproket is prety small 35 or 36 t it has plenty of take off but i want it to burn out i know it has a lot of top end ive had it up to 40 and plenty left i guess i want it to have more torqe but still have my top end
Seeings all motorcycles rely on torque you have to apply the amount needed to gain your wants but just know you get a tradeoff on a mildly modified engine............

The stock engines rev out at around a tad under 8k but if you can mod them to spin 12/13k then you can have ther best of both worlds........Alchohol or racegas along with extensive mods are the only way................

To get burn out power put a 15 tooth sprocket on the front and the stock 38 on the rear........My X18 stuntbike has 14/38 gearing and smokes the tire pretty good...with my mods its still able to reach 60...............

The BigValve head has bigger valves than the stock E22 head but the stock head can be made to flow just as good with proper porting and a 3 angle valvejob.........

The camshaft side lobes need to be flattened on the camshaft for a more agressive opening and closing rate and a set of stiffer valvesprings and lashcaps are a must...............

Ill shoot ya a vid I have of my X18 and you can decide from there whether modding all the stock components is worth it or not........You shouldnt be disappointed............

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have a line on these custom parts a link or somthing i like to start up grading im gonna get the cdi next week and mabey the carb and manfold probly do some porting i cant seemto find the racing cam and thanks agyan for all your insight

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i was gonna say you might wanna pull the head and measure the bore and stroke, then you will know what will work
full auto engines are 'ok' but the 4speed motors are great, even the lowly stock 110 was way better than the 70 auto in my x6
it all comes down to what is more important to you, performance or price, then buy or do accordingly

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea its mostly price for me i have a verry limited income i got this quad and motor for like 40 bucks but still have like 400 all together into this bike i can buy parts a few at a time and can do most of the work my self have acess to a lot of tools . welders a dremell small lathe msot hand tools i dont nead a big time screamer but a little bit of performance wont hurt i plan building another bike like this with a 4 speed just waiting for engof $$ to get motor i can get frame wheels and forks for about 150 to 200 bucks so once agyan its gonna run me about 4 to 500 dollars to build one with no mods

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts