Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special thanks to @MrKitty for the absolutely beautiful 3D printed engine mount (in orange). After fitting it on, I realized I need to make some modifications to the bore holes and will have that addressed shortly. If you all are interested, I am keeping a total compendium of images on the main post.

Here is a bid question for anyone willing to answer: I am using neoprene rubber as a "shock absorber as a layer underneath the orange 3d printed mount. I think it might melt, so ill get silicon lining instead. If you guys recommend against it, I can just go bare contact between top tube and mount. What do yall think @CAM2)

Some things I still need work on:

1. Readjust the bore holes on the mount (and buy sized bolts to fit the engine mount unit more precisely)
  2. Fix up the fuel line properly (I only have the basic polyurethane lining, need a downsized tube for fixing it to the carb valve
  3. Develop a way to return the overflow valve back to tank
  4. Bore the reduction hub sprockets
  5. Model a new bottom bracket clamp
  6. Configure the clutch assembly. I think I'll only have room for one brake
Thank you all so much for your help! I'll release more pictures as I progress forward with the build. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
The bike looks awesome.

The part is printed out of ABS plastic which is the most heat resistant plastic hobby printers can use fluid melt point is 150° c soft point starts at 65° c

I would definitely use the neoprene rubber like you are saying or stretch a bike tube over the top of the top tube was another idea that I had.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike looks awesome.

The part is printed out of ABS plastic which is the most heat resistant plastic hobby printers can use fluid melt point is 150° c soft point starts at 65° c

I would definitely use the neoprene rubber like you are saying or stretch a bike tube over the top of the top tube was another idea that I had.
My biggest concern is heat. I don't want the neoprene to melt, but I think I can simply substitute with silicon. I'll try to get working on the bottom component as well. Looks like it might be cheaper to print two out without the bore holes...

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Can you make a L bracket with some angle iron and U Bolts I just get concerned about making too many of the parts out of 3D printed plastic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts