Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to completely take apart one of my cat eye engines, but am not sure how to properly take everything apart with out damaging parts since it is my first time attempting to do so.
How exactly can i remove the flywheel? Do i need a flywheel puller?
How do i take the piston head off of the crank?
Once I remove the flywheel and piston head, could i remove the entire electric starter component off? If i were to do so i would need to put a large metal/plastic pull-start instead of the small square one?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I have a thread outlining how to remove the e starter...unfortunately I'm operating by phone only right now to find it...click on my avatar and go to threads posted by me and look for the estarter removal thread

For the flywheel you can use a balancer puller,,steering wheel puller or two long screwz.....

THe piston should be removed from rod via circlip w/nenndle nose pliers

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I removed the outer starter case too and tapered the hole on the back side of my round starter paw to fit the crank taper and bolted it up and put the plastic starter cover back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm interesting. Ill probably end up keeping the armature on for the build i hope to be doing on the engine case since i already have a square pull start.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If you are not using the starter motor break the magnets out of the casing or take it off. The magnets eat power off your engine and the case is extra weight.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
hmm interesting. Ill probably end up keeping the armature on for the build i hope to be doing on the engine case since i already have a square pull start.
The square pullstarter works both ways...I pop the center out of the armature to save reciprocating weight because I use the strter housing to keep the pullstarter in a good place to pull aswell as balance the weight distribution on my stand-up scooter build...........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You just need the $15 Cag 2 pc alloy head. $10 S/H, $25 to your door.
eBay- morethanhundreds, seller name. Then you cut a stock cylinder just under the fifth fin down, and cut a round lip on top of the cylinder, then mod to fit the Cag head. Someone just posted the head on another thread here. Its MBPN on eBay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.