Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a x18 4 stroke super bike used, but the owner said that the battery is dead and needs to be "jumped" by another car through jumper cables... i was wondering if i needed a new motor or will it work after i jump the super bike battery.... and why cant he just charge the dead battery with the wall charger?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I have an X18 2008, the batteries on these Chinese bikes don't last long, have to keep them charged, if you let them get to low or go dead there Toast. Is it a 4 speed, can you kickstart it?? It has a magneto ignition, and charging system, think you can start it with a dead battery unless its an auto trans.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im pretty sure it has kick start but my dad wants the lights to work

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure that pepboys would have a battery for the x18 bike? If you are how much would the battery and charger cost?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thats where I got mine.............It was $38.00 when I got mine 3 years ago...Now theyre almost $55.00..........

Get a quality trickle storage charger too.................

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
cheap is cheap man
just go to the autopart store and match it up for size, or dont worry about it if its a kick (all x18s were) the lights will work when its running

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike turns out is a x8 im almost positive... do you know anything about that? does it have kick start and should i get it? how fast does it go? He says the battery is dead so how am i going to start it

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If it is an X8, w/ a 110cc, it probably is a automatic trans w/ electric start, which means you need a good battery. I went to TNCscooters and got a $12 12v, 1.5 amp charger and $3 plug in for the bike, 3 prong, plugs right in, keeps your stuff charged.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
They have all kinds of scooter-PB batteries, wiring, plug sets to make your own wires. Get the volts & ampere hour off the front of the battery , like 12v 4amphr find a battery the same size and hook ups, or get plugs and make your own.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
dont get the same amp/hr, my battery is like 3 times longer lasting, same size and volts
autopart store
at the autopart store
heck even walmart

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the guy with the x8 pretty much screwed me over so idk... i guess im just getting an X1, but it has no pull start...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oops sorry im actually getting the x6 maybe but the battery is dead, how much do one of those cost?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
No big deal, it happens all the time.....

maybe ddm (dave's) might still have some left?

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
Nope............Daves is all out of pullstarters but theyre brelatively cheap on ebay too..........Whats mostly left for pocketbikes are gaskets,rings and pinions for TF8mm chains.............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts