Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks i just finished tearing the motor off and the PO hit a curb at around 25 and bent the fork pretty bad so i am just doing a restore for fun

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hi all i am new to the pocket bike world just got a cateye and was looking at newer engines. I had read somewhere on here the red covered engine were 43cc but found this. Is it actually 49cc?

49CC COMPLETE ENGINE 2 STROKE SUPER POCKET BIKE ELE RED | eBay

With the Zenoah engines its a crapshoot and no way outside visually to tell unless you measure the piston top with a tywrap through the exhaust port and then measure the tywrap to see without removing the head................

Both of these engines are 43cc's...........most of all my X1's were 43cc's......My X2's were a true 49cc's.............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the help. where is a good thread for modding and tuning it? What up grades would be fun? I have read alot on here just cant seem to find the threads that i liked lol

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Ok thanks for the help. where is a good thread for modding and tuning it? What up grades would be fun? I have read alot on here just cant seem to find the threads that i liked lol
You can check out a thread from a member here named bikerpbl............Theres pretty good info on whats needed to do from basic mods to a bit more technical.......

Ill give you a quick rundown.............

HP carb w/velocity stack and hp airfilter

rocket key

boost bottles

rev pipe or fatty pipe exhaust....I like the rev pipe because its lighter and quieter than the fatty.

lighten the flywheel

lighten the clutch and add a hp spring,,deglazing the clutch pads and bell helps too........

remove the e-starter to gain ease of startup ,,quicker spool-up and increased revs.......

Then theres more technical mods like increasing compression and port timing the engine to be more aggressive and more powerful...............

In any event I didnt buy any fancy headkits for most of my projects yet when properly modded my 43cc performance engines perform way better than any 44mm bbk out there sold off the shelf.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I went to school to work on cars so this is somewhat new to me i will upload some pics of the bike here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts