Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! new to this for sure and looking for some direction to go in. first off does anyone know anything about the engine in this link and if its something worth investing in for some good power??

LIFAN 150CC OIL COOLED ENGINE MOTOR SET

next up i read quick on another thread about upgrading suspension when adding more displacement. any suggestions on what and where to find some better parts? im kinda leaning toward a rear air setup for my X18R-Nitro but not for sure yet and would take suggestions on a static setup that will be low to the ground and still stiff enough to not bottom the suspension out horribly.

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey all! new to this for sure and looking for some direction to go in. first off does anyone know anything about the engine in this link and if its something worth investing in for some good power??

LIFAN 150CC OIL COOLED ENGINE MOTOR SET

next up i read quick on another thread about upgrading suspension when adding more displacement. any suggestions on what and where to find some better parts? im kinda leaning toward a rear air setup for my X18R-Nitro but not for sure yet and would take suggestions on a static setup that will be low to the ground and still stiff enough to not bottom the suspension out horribly.

thanks in advance :)

they make 12hp.speeds up to 75mph.Go to pitster pro or g2moto.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u for the response bud. ill check those sites out. they have suspension parts too or have u delt with lowering one of these at all?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
dont buy that motor, there are no upgrades and parts will be hard to find
its better to go with what is more common at the time, my first motor was a gpx 125 which at the time was the shiz, but now the yx160 is the new dog with tons of power and upgrades
on the rear you either need to find a shock with a 1500lb spring or build your own multi link system
you dont really want to lower it, it seems nice till you turn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thats good advise! so im not sure what u mean by multi-link system but u do make me think i should fab a nice air setup. that way i can have the best of both worlds with the lowered stance when i want it and the ability to raise it when im wanting more cornering performance. where would i find some suspension peices like ur suggesting or a how to on this multi-link setup. thanks :)

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
alright thats good advise! so im not sure what u mean by multi-link system but u do make me think i should fab a nice air setup. that way i can have the best of both worlds with the lowered stance when i want it and the ability to raise it when im wanting more cornering performance. where would i find some suspension peices like ur suggesting or a how to on this multi-link setup. thanks :)
i couldnt find the link, its in a post made by swheels about a recent build and there were pics

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Dang you Swheels! Your's looks so much nicer than mine! Progressive links are the BOMB! we got gear ratio's, why not toss suspension ratios in there too!

Woo Hoo for dudez bringing real motorcycle technology to the little bikes! We RoCk! <--- you dudez more than me, but c'mon, I try! :p :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Dang you Swheels! Your's looks so much nicer than mine! Progressive links are the BOMB! we got gear ratio's, why not toss suspension ratios in there too!

Woo Hoo for dudez bringing real motorcycle technology to the little bikes! We RoCk! <--- you dudez more than me, but c'mon, I try! :p :thumbsup:
That was the second one i did,the first one on my x18 was a lot more involved.So not so pretty,the x15's are much easier to do this setup on.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
id change but i just got it predictable for me so i wont do it
if i was doing a new build i might give it a try, at the very least to avoid having to use a heavy spring

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
id change but i just got it predictable for me so i wont do it
if i was doing a new build i might give it a try, at the very least to avoid having to use a heavy spring
I would agree with you,your style of riding is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy more smoother than minds. As for me i felt like i had to do something to get my bike working better for me so i could ride it like i like to with the bigger motor.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I would agree with you,your style of riding is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy more smoother than minds. As for me i felt like i had to do something to get my bike working better for me so i could ride it like i like to with the bigger motor.
GhostRider, Ride it like you stole it style Swheels? :D

:eek:
:eek:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts