Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
when women are open source then ill take notice
till then it is anyway, i pay my isp of access, then i just happen to find things
too bad about open office, a bud of mine was using it

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out *PART* of an Email sent to Belkin earlier this week. :confused:

Pranks when done right only burn at first, then EvEryOne can Laugh!

Belkin Hates us right about now you DuDeZ!

ooops. *This Back-Hand was brought to you by Nubee420*

[Picture Attached]

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
wow
i only got a belkin wireless usb stick, i used it to borrow my neighbors inet the one time my inet got discoed
its worked ok
everything else i like is logitech

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Dell, Gateway, LogiTech, Western Digital, and Seagate - everything else doesn't matter.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
and lets not forget antec, ive had my tower since 01, and their power supplies are my only option

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what matters to us silly engineers...

Intel hardware, SSD hard drives, Tape Backups, (Blu-Ray is getting close) Cloud for processing (Amazon Cloud rocks!) and Distributed processing is AwEsome in general! Any 1080p 16x9 that does not suck, a 19" 4x3 right next to it, Speakers that are = 6, 4 for front and rear one for the center, and one really big one marked Sub! <---THX certified is what I like, Lots of blank disks, ddr3 no less than 6gb, nothing less than 512mb of (NOT SHARED) video memory, A nice fast memory card for the "Ready Boost" stuff, ummm, no less than 3 MEG down, and 1.5MEG up, and a nice low ping to go along with it, Wired keyboard, Really nice wireless mouse, a good chair (Air type mesh back) and some GOOD MUSIC / Movies / GaMeZ!! <--- which means I also need the wireless logitech gamepad :p

Then I am ready to start "Working" eheh

I am working on something cool to possibly donate to a .ca.gov site. <---Having to do with BiG-RIGS! :cool:

YouTube - Nick3Brothers3D's Channel

·
Registered
83 Posts
and lets not forget antec, ive had my tower since 01, and their power supplies are my only option
Hell yeah man, long live Antec PSU's. They're the only power supply I'll ever use as well. People, well most, don't realize the importance of buying a quality PSU when building a new rig. I have a friend that's one of these people and he has already gone through 2 cheap PSU's while I've been rocking the same Antec 500 TruePower for **** near 12 years now.

Other brands I put trust in are Asus and Gigabyte motherboards, Seagate and WD hard drives. Seagates customer support rocks, a few years back I bought a 200gb HD that turned out to be defective, send it in, and for my troubles, they sent me a 500gb at no extra cost.

Back on topic, I really do hope that someday everything will be open source and open hardware, not that it would ever stop me from voiding warranties anyways, but it would make things a lot easier to mod and hack if all the parts were labeled and every board came equipped with a ICSP header. :D In reality, I can't see it happening though, not as long as Apple is still around, those bastards. Open source goes against everything they stand for.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What most people are forgetting, is that there is major money to be had from open source projects, there is a whole racket having to do with the "Burning of disks" and charging! while "Giving away" free software, I've talked to people that make a living off of burning and then basically selling FREE software.

It's really sad, but, more open source, will speed up the evolution, and increase all software engineers skills, the faster we can move forwards the faster the current stuff will be a "Part of the Past"

Then, take some of what you learned FOR FREE! and make something else not "open source" and make a fortune!

I see it as being "The best of both Worlds"

Nicholas.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
they need more viable spec to back up media on disc
blue ray is way too much, its cheaper to just buy a 1T drive
and it takes 250 dvds to back up a 1T drive
so thats why i say flunk you to sony
propritary bastages

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beta vs VHS Again already, and didn't Beta end up actually being the better option, something to do with some classical music fitting on one tape, BS SONY!

I feel you Blitz, And COMPLETELY Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! !! !! ! ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
IMO I see solid state media being the future of data backup, and just general media storage, just look at the progression of thumb drives and SD cards. 32gb thumb drives can be had for as little as $40 nowadays.

Being around computers my whole life, it just blows my mind looking at the size, and storage capacity, of the micro sd card inside my phone. 8 gigs of storage on a chip that's half the size of my pinky finger nail. Amazing! Mmm the future is here and I LOVE IT!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, "They" did promise us Robots and JetPacks! at least we've finally got the Robots!

Now Where is MY JetPack!

America, F-Yeah! hehehe, you dudez seen those posters? some of them are really funny, the fat lady pushing the stroller on the SegWay is AmAZinG!

The Future really is "Bright" but don't get Al Gore started on how bright it will be in 50 years if 2-strokes are allowed to be run on private property! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Nick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts