Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering how i can take the tip of my exhaust off. these are little pin things holding it on and its leaking oil, and i need to top it off but no tool can get it off

·
Registered
244 Posts
i am wondering how i can take the tip of my exhaust off. these are little pin things holding it on and its leaking oil, and i need to top it off but no tool can get it off
usually, at least on mine, you just take the cotter pin off with some needle nose pliers. make sure you take it off slowly to insure that the spring doesnt come off shooting across the room(ask me how i know.. hehe) and then the muffler should just slide off..

·
Registered
244 Posts
hmm... what will happen of i do that can i put it back together? will it be SUPER loud with it off?
actually its really not much louder than with the silencer on... lot of my friends take the silincer off, but i leave it on. and yes you can put it back together if you can take the cotter pin off without damaging it.. just bend it straigh till it slides out of the stopper. the install is reverse, just make sure to compress the spring then install cotter pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts