Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a nice pipe for the Cag and don't mind spending the cash as long as it's worth it and gonna last. Ideally, one that is built strong and gives the best performance gains as I plan to get a BB head kit in the near future. I ride in my neighborhood mostly and want to keep the noise down as much as possible. I really like the ones where the silencer is a slip-on type and held with springs (like the PBU stage pipe). Those welded silencers always seem to break off. The PBU race pipe looks nice as well but the pic doesn't show if it has a silencer. I've read on here that the IP2 pipe is good, but that's hard to find. I looked at the Jetpro and it looks kinda cheap, like it would break. What about the stock Banshee pipe? What kind of mods are necessary to fit it on a FF Cag? Any other suggestions are welcome!
Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
The stock modded pipe works very well and if you now how to weld is a very cheap and great way to increase power out of your stock pipe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well if you end up wanting a jet pro, I have one for sale in the parts for sale section along with a bunch of other stuff.....just a thought :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree with you trip, there stuff is way over priced by like 40% haha btw im working on the shipping price, ill let you know as soon as i am able to figure it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wierd. Your Jetpro pipe has the taper before the silencer and the one listed doesn't. What's the difference between the two? (besides the tapered one most likely breaking off faster)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im not sure what the difference is to tell you the truth, the only thing that i can think of is maybe thats a "real" jetpro and not a chinese made pipe? Not sure though...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Pro Jet is USA, Jet Pro is China made, like mine, but its SS, and nice thick metal, It will outlast your PB many times over.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
So your saying I have a nice pipe? or a lame pipe? haha

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Looks the same as mine SS made in China, I am saying they are both good pipes. Great for low to mid, but that Big Muffler Pipe, leaves that Jet Behind at Top Speed. The Jet is great for small track racing, where you never reach top speed, and your on and off the gas all the time out of the turns.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh sweet i didnt even know that pipe was that good haha and yeah i guess they are the same stainless steel and made in china.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not gonna be racing short tracks..
I need power and durability and a slip style silencer with springs.
Who makes something like that?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
hkmotos has them China ones for $58 shipped I believe, I paid $69 at PB Parts in Florida, and on a $100 order got free shipping & no tax, Sweet.
The Big Muffler Pipe was $24 to my door, I have two.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EPR, I plan to get a HK from Sam so what's gonna be my best bet on a pipe also taking into account my previously mentioned criteria?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts