Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never know if I should add to one of my existing threads or post a new one. But it's a different subject so here we go.

Pocket Bike Performance Parts has extended swing arms to stretch my bike (X7 2 stroke) 8 inches. while it looks awesome and I totally dig it, before I commit to 139 dollar swing arm plus redoing the chain and brakes, I thought I'd find out if anyone had stretched their bikes before and if so, how do you like it?

i'm interesting in performance, ride, and any aspects of doing this swap that I may overlook... protips so to speak. I feel like stretching it will widen my turn radius, but I'm also 6'2" and 220 lbs, so i'm not likely to be dragging me knee on the ground around turns anyway. will this stretch add stress to my frame and will I need to redo my rear suspension to handle the additional stress? thanks guys.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,569 Posts
Your thoughts on the effects of (Wheelbase) for the turning radius, and (leverage) regarding your 2nd question are on par with my thoughts as well.

But, I don't have enough experiences under my belt to tell you what to expect, only to confirm that you are "Barking up the right tree"

Nick.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after looking at it, and my bike, a bit more I'm pretty sure the extended swing arm still mounts to the rear shock absorber at the same angle. that leaves the swing arm and the absorber to take the full weight of the rider, in this case 220 lbs. i'll call them to see to what weight capacity these have been tested and may just up the size of the spring on the absorber or switched to an oil filled strut/spring combo able to carry me.

my only concern is that when I'm not on it, that the heavier shock will kick the back end of my bike up like 5 inches. i'm not in a rush to do it, just something i'm kicking around when planning out my (becoming extensive) build.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Them extended arms are for Drag Bikes to keep the front wheel somewhere near the pavement and since there are No Turns, being stable out weighs turn and handling.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking to build a more drag oriented bike so that's fine. As long as I can make reasonable turns I'm not really looking for tight cornering.

I just need to figure out how it'll affect the geometry of the bike when I do it.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
think i'm gonna scratch the stretched idea. cool as it may be, there's no where around Baltimore to run it. sandy hook speedway is awesome to minibikes, but it's a circuit. i'm just gonna build and tune for the local track and see what I end up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I never know if I should add to one of my existing threads or post a new one. But it's a different subject so here we go.

Pocket Bike Performance Parts has extended swing arms to stretch my bike (X7 2 stroke) 8 inches. while it looks awesome and I totally dig it, before I commit to 139 dollar swing arm plus redoing the chain and brakes, I thought I'd find out if anyone had stretched their bikes before and if so, how do you like it?

i'm interesting in performance, ride, and any aspects of doing this swap that I may overlook... protips so to speak. I feel like stretching it will widen my turn radius, but I'm also 6'2" and 220 lbs, so i'm not likely to be dragging me knee on the ground around turns anyway. will this stretch add stress to my frame and will I need to redo my rear suspension to handle the additional stress? thanks guys.
MIR in somd will let you run your drag bike, where are you getting the extended swing arms? I'm trying to do the same to my son's bike so he can run, if you can give me a website to go to that would be great

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
MIR in somd will let you run your drag bike, where are you getting the extended swing arms? I'm trying to do the same to my son's bike so he can run, if you can give me a website to go to that would be great
This late in the game you definitely will have to fabricate something yourself.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
Yes all extended swing arm parts for pocket bikes are pretty much nonexistent but like kitty said if you can fabricate something yourself or find a shop that can make you something or even possibly find something from another bike, a mini dirt bike or something that would work and might be three or four in. longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts