Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so I apologize in advance if it isn't. Has anyone ordered from Extreme-Scooters.com? They only except payment by Check, Money Order or Bank transfer. Just curious as I am ordering some pocket bikes from them and haven't sent the money yet. Are they legit or am I potentially losing a lot of money by sending a check? The owner of Extreme-Scooters sent me his business license and it is current but am still a bit Leary.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Will they be shipping the bikes with-in the usa or will they be drop shipping it from china?

When i work for a scooter place in dallas we didnt have much stock. We got orders we sent them to our suppliers then they shipped them to the customer. If its coming from china then you have a 30+ days of wait time for shipping.

Another place to check is minipocketrockets . Com. I would call and talk to each of them and see what they say and look them up and find some reviews.

I have not bought any bikes from either site.

Also look around for scooter shops in and around your area. Most scooter places that sale china scooters sale pocket bikes. If not they might be able to get them from theyre suppliers. Then youll have someone to go back to if any problems happen.
Good luck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Repo,

Extreme-Scooters will be shipping from the United States. My concern is they do not take a credit card payment and want you to send a personal Check or do a Bank Transfer of funds. I am leery of sending them a personal Check as I have no recourse if they do not send us our bikes. One red flag is the price matching they have going on. They say they will beat anyone's price by $10. Not what I was quoted but close. He is throwing in a full 1 year parts warranty and center stands in the deal since we are buying 3 bikes from him but I still am hesitant on the payment by Check.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Depending on what kind of bike your looking at Ied check tsunamibike.com, very reputable shop in canada, know what they are selling and talking about when it comes to PB, they also have some of the nice euro replica models available, with all the parts you would ever need... there is also sdscooters.com , the guy hangs around the forums here and is deffinitely trustworthy, and will get you what you are looking for no doubt.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very good info, Thanks a bunch. I have a few red flags in my hand and are waiving them at Extreme-Scooters.com. Most importantly he does not follow his own price matching rule, he has changed the price but has thrown in a center stand and 12 month parts warranty and then say's I can pay through paypal but have to pay the 3% fee. I hate dealers like this. How does this guy get a "B" rating with the Better business bureau in Georgia? I don't get it. My neighbors and I decided to go with mini pocket bikes as this is a low budget fun thing for us for the Spring and Summer. The price keeps going up every time I blink with this company.

·
PBP STUNTER
146 Posts
Another thing to be wary on when using personal checks, bank account number and banking routing number are on the bottom. That can be used for all sorts of online purchases and run your money right out of your pockets

I talked to a couple places a few months back I settled for craigslist.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I think the bike is a Giovani Cag kind of like the lucky 7 or something like that, they were trying to make it look like a water cooled bike.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KOZ, I thought about the account and routing number as well. Good point!

EPR, Thanks for the info. Sure wish the Lucky 7 were still made.

OK, so you guys are the Veterans, I am the Cadet here when it comes to mini's. This is our first pocket bikes. I say "ours" as both my neighbors and I are getting into these. Entry level is where we want to start as we decided to dip our feet in to see if we like it. I used to race 600's many moon's ago(I won't say how old I am) but my neighbors and I are all same age. We all like the GP-RSR. I know it has a rear shock and handling isn't great but Im afraid if we get going too fast on these my neighbors are going to hurt themselves with no riding experience. We want mini's as they are small and transportable along with the visual factor of grown men being on little tiny sportbikes. Also the GP-RSR is the largest mini I have found so far. What are your thoughts on this little mini? As alway's, I appreciate all the help!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Do you know what this bike is? Sold in Canada only I think. I can get one as I can have it shipped to a friends house and then pick it up and bring it home!
Have you tried ebay...You get 100% buyer protection when you use paypal..............Theres lots of small 2 stroke cags that are brand new and you can get the 3 brand new bikes shipped at the same time for you and your buddies......

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=47cc+pocket+bike+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m1950

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
KOZ, I thought about the account and routing number as well. Good point!
When you use a check or credit card other than pre-paid your letting vendors have carte blanche on your life savings/credit...A pre-paid credit card can be loaded to the exact purchase amount then used 1 time to ensure you cant get ripped off in the future.......The only other ways to avoid this is to buy the item with a money order or cashiers check which makes the transaction safe but very slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
PayPal is the best way, they handle your address and shipping and all, and there fast & will back you up. One time I got something off Ebay, using PayPal, and Visa. That's 3 seperate people that will back you up and a bad deal.

·
PBP STUNTER
146 Posts
Another thing to look into is a money order through USPS, and mail it through USPS.

If you can save all the screen shots and information, and get to the point where you feel you got shafted go to your local post office and show them the info you have, and the situation. They'll send a postmaster to ask questions, as it'll be mail fraud at that point.

My brother does that for shady-feeling gun broken deals, and hasn't been scammed yet. Once the guy was dragging his feet over time and he has a postmaster to out there and he got his stuff 2 days later

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh wow, I thought a money order was the same as cash without any recourse if you got scammed. The guy will take money orders, cashier checks, personal checks. I like paypal the best but he's charging me 3% more. It's good insurance and cheap insurance.

So is a Cag the same size as the GP-RSR? From the dimensions on the RSR it seems larger than a Cag.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
With a money order you get a carbon copy receipt, with his and your name on it. The RSR is maybe 2" longer. Find a short stiff shock and spring. On eBay I went to Chasertech and got a $30 6" long BMX bicycle shock, took the 750lb spring off and put a 1800lb China $10 shockspring from a 6" dirt bike shock I had here. Put it on my X18, so much better than the 1500lb stock shock that don't work. The BMX shock is very stiff for jumps and ramps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.