Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. I believe I have an F18 Hornet that I got off Craigs List. In my haste to try and get it running I snapped the bolt that goes through the armature for the electric starter. This bolt is 8mm on the end going into the crank and larger (maybe 10mm or larger) on the other end for the pull start gismo. (sorry not up on all the terms yet). Anyone no where I can get another bolt? I'll post some pics when I'm allowed.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Please post pictures of you bike and motor and area where the bolt was. Whats the spec of your motor? You post pictures by using a free acct on photobucket.com.

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Since Cag's don't have an electric start you have a 49cc piston port engine w/ a 15mm copy Walbro WYK pumper carb.
I PMed you with 2 online places where I believe you can get parts. Think it is about $6.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks EPR. Found the bolt. I have been reading the forum for about a week and thought I was getting better with all the different terminology. After reading your reply I now know that I need to read a bunch more. I have not come across anything that mentions piston port engine that I recall. Is there other names they go by or did I just miss it?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Epr- thats one sweet engine. Great job on it.

Imabrat- wow thats a nice bike. Kinda looks like a x7 by the front plastic of it. But the rest of it doesnt. Were you able to get the starter pawl bolt?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
EPR- Your engine is killer. How fast could a bike like mine go with that engine ignoring the fact that I am 250lbs.

Repo Bike- Thanks. Is X7 a model or size of the bike. Still confused on that subject. From what I have found reading through the forum, I believe it is a F18 Hornet.

I found 2 and 2 1/2 inch (6 and 6.3cm) bolts on the sites that EPR sent me. I measured mine today and it is almost 3 inches end to end so I need to check again. Do you know if the length is based on overall length or ?. My dimensions are shown in the masterfully created drawing below:)

Attachments

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
It's only been on the engine stand, planning to put it in a Pocket Sidecar Racer with a solid or diff. rear axle w/ hydralic disc brake. The is only .024" clearance between the piston and the head, you can fill the strain on the rope and you hands, arms and shoulder,lol.
There are 2 shafts, you need to measure yours or put the length of the long shaft up to your housing to see how it looks. PB Parts has a toll freee phone also. The same bike has many names.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.