Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assembling this as you read this. But i'm wondering if you have to port the ehaust port like you do the big bore head. and if i do port how much? the opening looks VERY small. what shape do i want it to be?
I am getting the big bore head but i wanted to see what this crank would do with the stock head.
Also does any body know what the CC would be with the strocker and a stock head? i read it was 54 cc with a big bore kit but no one has said anything about the stock head.

·
Registered
54 Posts
with the BB kit is 50cc. I am not sure what it would be with the stock head, but i would think its better then a stock motor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One note: If you find you do need to port, I believe you should have small bevels (no sharp edges) to avoid premature ring wear. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to get some related answers myself. My guess is that with the increased stroke you would want some porting at least top to bottom, but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
62 Posts
SUX2BU said:
I'm assembling this as you read this. But i'm wondering if you have to port the ehaust port like you do the big bore head. and if i do port how much? the opening looks VERY small. what shape do i want it to be?
I am getting the big bore head but i wanted to see what this crank would do with the stock head.
Also does any body know what the CC would be with the strocker and a stock head? i read it was 54 cc with a big bore kit but no one has said anything about the stock head.
The crank was designed and built around the 39cc motor. It should rock!

Then the 49cc big bore came into play and there are some issues, mostly with vibration and getting the right squish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts