Pocketbike Forum banner

finally introducing myself

Tags
x15 x19
10K views 99 replies 8 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 · (Edited)
hi everyone,
yeahh i'm a new guy on this site and I'm from vegas. I bought a super pocket bike/mid bike couple weeks ago and he said its a x19. To me the fairings made me believe it's a x15. I can't tell and I'd be glad to know how I can distinguish the differences. I found a vin number on the bike and it was made in 2006.

anyways what I've done so far with the bike:
Cleaned carburetor and changed air filter
Fixed a stiff clutch
Added a kill switch because the guy I bought it from didn't have a key switch.
Tuned the carburetor so top speed 45+ now
Did a custom paint job.

Things I still need to do for this project to get:
Performance cdi
Get headlights and tail lights w/ integrated signal lights.(has anyone modded sidemarkers from Wal-Mart or autozone?)
new carburetor (22mm or 24mm?)
New exhaust
Street legal tires
New rear shock(advice?)

At the moment can't do much since I got surgery that made me unable to lift so its great garage project for me to do while I'm recovering at home for 3 montha.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you :). the paint job is still a work in progress because of the fairings, i don't know if i want to add them or keep them off. and thanks for leaving me a response.

You have an X15 aka GS-57 AKA GS57 Interceptor

I have one...I fully modded and converted mine to streetlegal status...I used real D O T legal lighting n such on mine...............Good luck with yours..
thanks for replying also. i've seen your bike a lot and i got to say, it is a very clean bike. I was wondering though about your tires! did you use the original rims? can you add different size rims like 12"? just wondering.

#8 ·
I would go with a 22mm on a 110cc stock engine, might want to get a jet kit for your new carb. Look on eBay motors/motorcycles/super pocket bikes for a carb, CDI, and hp coil.

#11 ·
okay just to update! i was messing with the valves and i tuned it up wrong!
First time after i "thought" i adjusted it right... i went around the block and my engine died half way home.
what i just did just now around 7:30pm Pacific time, finally got the bike running again, but this time there is alot more clicking noise.

i was wondering if anyone can help me with that?

#12 · (Edited)
***pdate*

past week i been working on the bike and how it looks. i finally got around to fixing the cracks in side/front fairings also added the 90/90/10 tire on it. looks great and feels good. i was wondering what rear tire i should add 3.50/10 or 130/70/10. so next on my to do list is going for performance parts now.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

#13 ·
Much better than white. I would stay in the 50 low profile wide tire. Like 140 or 150mm x 50mm x 10" or as wide as you can get. I put a 100 on my X18 front, taller and wider.

#16 · (Edited)
yeah the white was just primer because there was a huge crack on the fairing, so i fiberglassed it and bondo. but i'm trying out different tires. right now i'm looking for a rear though because i still have the stock tire on.

I got a 130/70-10 Kenda K13 rear tire on my X15.....Fits pretty good..

so i wouldn't need to do anything with the swing arm? because i'm probably going to get 130/70-10..

right now i'm moding my carburetor.

New Here too. No pics yet but I have a Blade. I have prior experience working on the chinese 2 strokes so eager to assist with any questions.
welcome to the site :) i've been getting lots of info and help here. i'm actually pretty new at this. i thought i knew alot about 4 stroke engines but i guessed wrong.

#17 ·
today i worked on the carburetor by removing the tab, 10 degree float and moving the c-clip, also cleaning it of course. results when i took it for a joy ride just up and down the street, i notice a difference. i'm not sure if others experienced a difference but i sure did. well since i've finish my custom paint on the body, i'm basically tuning for performance now and i'd like to get some advice.

oh just to let you know when i first got the bike stock i went 45+ on a straight road, i used my gps and my friend rode side by side with me and said i was going around 45-50mph.
tomorrow i'll do another top speed run and let you guys know how it goes with my stock carb mod and adjusted valve.

#18 ·
today i worked on the carburetor by removing the tab, 10 degree float and moving the c-clip, also cleaning it of course. results when i took it for a joy ride just up and down the street, i notice a difference. i'm not sure if others experienced a difference but i sure did. well since i've finish my custom paint on the body, i'm basically tuning for performance now and i'd like to get some advice.

oh just to let you know when i first got the bike stock i went 45+ on a straight road, i used my gps and my friend rode side by side with me and said i was going around 45-50mph.
tomorrow i'll do another top speed run and let you guys know how it goes with my stock carb mod and adjusted valve.
Nice job getting the mod done and the carb dialed-in....Now you need to do the headbreather and hp sparkwire mods............Youll really feel a difference after that

Oh I know the floatnowl restrictor tab removal mod works....Im the originator of the find and will never ever know about it unless you become a member here ...I found the problem back in 08 when an x22 I bought kept starving out after a minute riding wide open and when I released the throttle it died everytime til the bowl refilled it wouldnt restart either....Put it on my dyno I had in my basement and fiddled around with the carb and fuel flow from the tank many-many times til I realized where the anemic flow was originating from............

#21 ·
Wow most of these mods arent complicated at all.
Anyways today I took the bike for a ride. One thing I notice was my acceleration was much quicker, I was catching speed quick but I was
Only hitting 40-45mph prior to when it was stock. I readjusted my valves and tomorrow I'm going to tune my carb a bit and go for a ride.

Question: while I was just messing with my bike in neutral I tried to rev the bike going full throttle quick and my bike just died? Is that normal?

#22 ·
Wow most of these mods arent complicated at all.
Anyways today I took the bike for a ride. One thing I notice was my acceleration was much quicker, I was catching speed quick but I was
Only hitting 40-45mph prior to when it was stock. I readjusted my valves and tomorrow I'm going to tune my carb a bit and go for a ride.

Question: while I was just messing with my bike in neutral I tried to rev the bike going full throttle quick and my bike just died? Is that normal?
Sounds like youre running on the edge of being too lean on the off idle,,,,,lower the c-clip on the needle 1 notch to richen it up.............

#28 · (Edited)
My X18 does the same thing, I go up to 2nd gear and back to first. You can mod and clean up some of the parts to make them work better, like Cam2 says, but I have not done it to my bike, yet. You might need to adjust the stud and lock nut on the right side of the engine cases under the little 2 screw cover.

#29 ·
i adjusted and cleaned everything like Cam2 said and it works great. kinda have to get used to my clutch cause its a lot snappy now and feels great.

Check your oil level...If oil is good youre gonna have to do this mod.....

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40443

The goal is to have a clutch that reacts like this...Your potential however without changing the clutch springs as I did to heavier duty ones wont be as snappy but will be improved.............

Thanks Cam2, my clutch works flawless now and i can switch to neutral easily. i cleaned it out, there was some kind of gunk in there, but it looked old and what not. took it for a spin and i was thrown off by how the clutch worked because i was so used to it loose.. should i buy a racing cdi?

#36 · (Edited)
***pdate*
I'll be posting a video soon cause I think it would be easier for help. I got the bike working again and my top speed has decrease to 37mph max. Could it be that I adjusted the valves wrong? I'm working on the head breather, v-stack, and wire mod soon. My cdi came in today looks nice, but I was wondering can you see any results with it pretty well or not really noticeable just by adding it?

#40 · (Edited)
You removed the sloppy weld,,,you decreased the heat deflection back to the valves and freed up the flow alot eleviating the massive backpressure that was there due to that weld..

On X15/19 the mufflers are hollow cans so the weld is the restriction unlike X18 and X22's,,,They have choked mufflers......I have a mod for the X15 mufflers too but requires two X1 silencers and 2ft of 1"id perforated tube

Like I explained youre gonna have to rejet now...your running lean as all heck,,,that leads to burnt valves...............Get a jetpack assortment

When you adjust the valves the engine must be at topdead center and the engine must be bone cold..........006-.007 isnt too thick

The X15 is ripped off of the Benelli Tornado,,,Where the mufflers are on our bikes is two fans for the reartail radiator on the real bike,,,,,,LOL

Attachments

#41 ·
hey cam2 or epr would you guys suggest getting the jetpack assortment or should i might as well buy a new carburetor and
new exhaust because i've been searching craigslist the whole day
trying to see if i have luck finding someone who would have x1 exhaust to do the mods and no luck.

but good news is, i've rebuilt my bike pretty good that some of the people in my neighborhood asked me where they could buy super pocket bikes and if i'd help them build theirs to performance..sad part i told them, the only way to find super pocket bike is through craigslist.

#42 · (Edited)
hey cam2 or epr would you guys suggest getting the jetpack assortment or should i might as well buy a new carburetor and
new exhaust because i've been searching craigslist the whole day
trying to see if i have luck finding someone who would have x1 exhaust to do the mods and no luck.

but good news is, i've rebuilt my bike pretty good that some of the people in my neighborhood asked me where they could buy super pocket bikes and if i'd help them build theirs to performance..sad part i told them, the only way to find super pocket bike is through craigslist.
You dont need any performance exhaust,,,you just need to finish the mods on yours.....wrap the pipe with pipe wrap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIO-MINI-AT...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item564bdcff08

As far as the carb,,Theres ways to mod the stock carb to outperform its former self and will definately require a jetkit.......

If your uncomfortable with modding carbs I sugest doing the same setup I have on my x15............The carb lets you have the option of keeping the stock choke lever

25mm carb from an ATC185 ,,, a 25mm intake from a TRX90 and a 12 position carb adapter with 25mm id hole

#43 ·
Thanks for helping me out again. You really help when Im bout to take the expensive route. At the moment I just don't know where to get the perforated tubing. And the jet kit, I'm waiting for it to come in, I just been reading some threads and I mostly see some people suggesting to get mikuni or any bigger carbs.

#48 ·
I mod all of my stuff and with the intake youre port matching to the carb on one end and the head intake port on the other....

Like I said my intake didnt match the carb or the head...the rough castings reduce performance aswell

When the factory riders get bikes built for them they pay more attention to the frame geometry,,braking and handling overall.....

The engines simply get disassembled and blueprinted then reassembled and then powertuned......That simple task of blueprinting the engine adds an edge to the whole engine as a package............

All ny 110cc engines except for one X22 full auto engine has been totally disassembled and blueprinted ,,upgraded and improved to deliver true performance on a budget except my X15 dragbike engine which had extensive extensive work done to it.......My 110cc engines will run up there pretty good with 138/140cc engines on the track..........

#50 ·
On my X18, I got a X12 side pipe for $69, the X18 one is $189. I had already cut the bottom body work off and still had to mod the body. It's loud and light, with the alum rear glass pack. At PB Parts online in Florida if you order $99+ you get free shipping.

Attachments

#52 ·
wow that thing looks huge but looks good!

Good to hear you were out in support of your grandma....The cause is huge...

Hows things going on the progress of the bike mods...Dont put too much emphasis on the mufflers just yet......Youll need a bit more power to overpower two hollow cans....The sloppy restrictive weld is the biggest chokeback in the X15/x19

My 07 X15 Streetbike was streetlegal and needed to rev free without any chokebacks...Until you grab a manual and teardown an engine to blueprint and balance the internal parts will anyone ever what the true potential power can be pulled from one...When you twist the throttles on my engines it feels like its fuel injected the way they spool-up and the transmissions are buttery smooth but very positive in selection....my engines dont vibrate all to crap and do the herky jerky..All them rough unbalanced gear/shaft assemblys inside the case rob the true output potential put to the countershaft sprocket...same difference between a set of unbalanced tires and a set of highspeed balanced tires in a contest
hopefully i can get a manual and today someone just gave me another 110cc. i dont know why nor do i know if it works. i'm thinking of selling it and use the money to keep fixing my bike

#51 · (Edited)
Good to hear you were out in support of your grandma....The cause is huge...

Hows things going on the progress of the bike mods...Dont put too much emphasis on the mufflers just yet......Youll need a bit more power to overpower two hollow cans....The sloppy restrictive weld is the biggest chokeback in the X15/x19

My 07 X15 Streetbike was streetlegal and needed to rev free without any chokebacks...Until you grab a manual and teardown an engine to blueprint and balance the internal parts will anyone ever what the true potential power can be pulled from one...When you twist the throttles on my engines it feels like its fuel injected the way they spool-up and the transmissions are buttery smooth but very positive in selection....my engines dont vibrate all to crap and do the herky jerky..All them rough unbalanced gear/shaft assemblys inside the case rob the true output potential put to the countershaft sprocket...same difference between a set of unbalanced tires and a set of highspeed balanced tires in a contest

#54 ·
i was thinking about using it for parts but it would be nice if it was 125cc or bigger. aha ran into an issue today. gas started leaking out my carb like crazy, i took my carb apart and inspected it, stopped for awhile but i think if i put gas again it is going to leak. and should the valves be the same set to .005? i think i'm starting to ruin my bike sadly.... i think i'm working so much into making it go faster that i'm forgetting how fun it was to ride it around with no problems, besides going slow.

#57 · (Edited)
I was talking about like on a little 110 dirtbike or xr 100 - name brand jap bike haha with name brand aftermarked pipes. Because I know my pipe on my pitbike has a flange that could be smoothed & tomorrow I might take it off and grind for an hour even if it doesn't make a big difference. I was just asking about the dirtbike because you were talking all abt the 110 pocket bikes that run similar engines and headers as 110 - 160 dirtbikes/trailbikes

On another note I rode my pocket bike around today. I agree on not spending money unless I have to - still running stock pipe on my rocket... on the X7 (as experiment) I went 1/4 turn richer on the fuel mix screw (since propping up wheel and tuning) and I want to on the needle on top as well (couldnt find the small screwdriver). If I go the 1/4 turn on top screw will that fix the way it seems to be a bit held back or ristricted when winding out sometimes? if you know what I mean.. I think the last thing in the video was turning that screw and I haven't done that. Idle is pretty smooth when warm.

#58 · (Edited)
I was talking about like on a little 110 dirtbike or xr 100 - name brand jap bike haha with name brand aftermarked pipes. Because I know my pipe on my pitbike has a flange that could be smoothed & tomorrow I might take it off and grind for an hour even if it doesn't make a big difference. I was just asking about the dirtbike because you were talking all abt the 110 pocket bikes that run similar engines and headers as 110 - 160 dirtbikes/trailbikes

On another note I rode my pocket bike around today. I agree on not spending money unless I have to - still running stock pipe on my rocket... on the X7 (as experiment) I went 1/4 turn richer on the fuel mix screw (since propping up wheel and tuning) and I want to on the needle on top as well (couldnt find the small screwdriver). If I go the 1/4 turn on top screw will that fix the way it seems to be a bit held back or ristricted when winding out sometimes? if you know what I mean.. I think the last thing in the video was turning that screw and I haven't done that. Idle is pretty smooth when warm.
I just got done doing some mods to my 2012 WR450 not too long ago...there was a sloppy weld in the headpipe on it aswell that needed grinding and smoothing......I also closed both exhaust valves and opened up the D port exhaust port and even added a homemade powerbomb twist to it....A powerbomb exhaust header is $200.00..it took me 1 hour to make mine............The extra torque I received aswell as a few extra revs on top I got was very well noticed....especially the extra grunt it gave when putting it on the rear wheel.............

My Yoshi pipe I put on my Xr100 w/121 big bore kit needed modding aswell..The aftermarket manufacturers sometimes have to follow after the EPA friendly compliant devices..Its up to you to mod them as needed to suit.....

#60 ·
ha nice. My neighbor with an 09 yz450 flattened his header against a tree and bought a powerbomb after that. Yours looks real good for a stocker haha. was just looking for opinions.

On the X7 I have the airfilter and opened up the header with dremel. That's about it. I have some pictures I'm gonna put in my thread when I remember to bring the camera back. I'll look at the plug and post an update there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.