Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this mini motorcycle cause my car got impounded and I just signed up on door dash but finding parts for it is a serious problem went to every parts store in Portland oregon and everyone says that they can't get an ignition coil or really anything there is one more place to check and then I'm out of ideas and really can't afford to buy a new engine for it either any info on this mini would be greatly appreciated please and thank you
IMG_20210209_051330.jpg
IMG_20210209_051406.jpg
IMG_20210209_051421.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks like a typical 49cc piston port 2 stroke. Ebay and Amazon are the places to check. I honestly forgot what the Piston Port coils look like. Pulled off and match it up with ones on eBay for Amazon. Look up 49cc 2 stroke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you I haven't been able to find anything that the mounting holes line up to it but still looking was going to start asking any motorsports shops next I got told to go to sargent's motorsports by several people so might start there when they open here's a picture of the ignition coil if that helps any

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Don't waste you time at motorcycle shops they won't have any parts for your weed wacker engine... And most lawn and garden small engine shops won't be able to search for parts because the engine is a Chinese knock off.

Search eBay for = Ignition Coil L7T Spark Plug For 43cc 49cc 2 Stroke Minimoto

Keep in mind the APC mini chopper is very old and is no longer manufactured in fact when it was still manufactured pep boys stopped carrying it because they were unable to get parts for them...

One thing to keep in mind is never ride one farther than you're willing to walk they were intended as a children's novelty rideable toy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks so I should buy a better engine for it is what your actually saying one I can get parts for and put a little bit more use on. And thanks for a model name on it that's going to help a lot

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
You will be a lot happier if you get something that has Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki you know something that you can actually go to a dealership and get parts for and street legal if your into minis Honda groms are nice or a older YSR maybe even a used scooter 🛵 I really hate to see people dumping money into those APC novelty mini choppers especially since I know that they were discontinued in 2006 and there is basically zero parts availability
Especially if your going to use it to delver Uber eats your going to need good reliability.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok thanks so I should buy a better engine for it is what your actually saying one I can get parts for and put a little bit more use on. And thanks for a model name on it that's going to help a lot
I would use it possibly as a daily driver but not as a delivery vehicle. If you know enough about two strokes you'll be fine but if you don't you will be in trouble a couple times a day possibly depending on how many deliveries you have. You just need a regular less than 50cc gas scooter. Honda Spree or something. It'll cost you a little bit more but more worth it in the end

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right was just thinking I could buy a couple parts and keep earning a little bit more cash until taxes come through then I'm going to be buying a used car or seeing about financing a new one with whatever I had earned for a down payment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts