Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first european bike. bought this for 300, wasnt jetted properly, no air filter, no spark. Put a 60 main jet , br6hs plug , cone filter and it runs perfectly :p
anyone know if this is the year with the better pipe? looking for more low end

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

· Administrator
3,828 Posts
very nice bike!!! if it where me i would take that engine off stock rebuild and preserve it then do a heavily modified CAG engine. it will swap right over with very minimal mods.

· Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,728 Posts
Red tip stock exhaust is a great pipe. And the earlier one.
There really is not a lot of room to put a bigger pipe on there. Not without modifications to the pipe. But check some Europe websites and maybe they have direct bolt ins, just won't be cheap.

· Administrator
3,828 Posts
Those bikes came with great pipes you won't find much performance changing it. You will see the biggest performance gain by installing a head kit and aftermarket pumper carburetor ( mods are much easier on a actual CAG engine.)

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those bikes came with great pipes you won't find much performance changing it. You will see the biggest performance gain by installing a head kit and aftermarket pumper carburetor ( mods are much easier on a actual CAG engine.)
fair enough, i think i’ll just regear it and leave it at that. might buy a cag to thrash around, way easier for me to build out fully (y)

· Registered
1,618 Posts
I think you have the older pipe. The newer pipe typically had the silver muffler and had a slightly longer belly section. It would be hard to find the newer style pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts