Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is gonna be my first LC ever....I want to built this racing engine and have ready so when I found a nice bike I already have the engine....

I'm looking for the way to bring this one from UK:

I already got the following goodies for it:

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

What else Do You consider I should get?...I will leave the pipe out and wait unitl I can get a Zocchi pipe or similar

Thanks for your advise!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts

What else Do You consider I should get?...I will leave the pipe out and wait unitl I can get a Zocchi pipe or similar

Thanks for your advise!
AWESOME, but I don't think those are the right reeds!

I will help you tune that engine all day LONG!!!!!!

also, I am not sure that clutch would fit! The stock one is a 3-shoe so it's better anyway!

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWESOME, but I don't think those are the right reeds!

I will help you tune that engine all day LONG!!!!!!

also, I am not sure that clutch would fit! The stock one is a 3-shoe so it's better anyway!
Thanks Nick...Yes. I learned later that those two parts are for AC engine...no worries...I can hold them for spares for the miniquad

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Its easy to get the wrong parts for this stuff, happens to me from time to time, but I find away to use them.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got this stuff today on the mail:

Also got a front hydrulic brake for the future when I find the right pocket bike:

Seems like PetrolScooters in the U.K. are willing to sell me and ship a "Semi-Complete" 39 c.c. LC engine:

Once I get the engine, I will search for the rest of the parts I need

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWESOME! I am really Glad for you and Santiago.

I hope the both of you get to have some more fun really soon!
Thanks Nick...This is a "Mid-Term" project....we still have to get a "decent" pocket bike, a nice matching pipe and lots of stuff to start the "Real Project", this is just the begining....

Regards,

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Your going to need a jet kit for that 19mm Dell Rep carb cause it is so big that I went from a .85mm about 6 sizes bigger to a 1.01mm main jet, the biggest one in the kit. If that is a 50cc kit ( 46cc ) you will need that or a .98mm

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your going to need a jet kit for that 19mm Dell Rep carb cause it is so big that I went from a .85mm about 6 sizes bigger to a 1.01mm main jet, the biggest one in the kit. If that is a 50cc kit ( 46cc ) you will need that or a .98mm
Thanks EPR!...yes I got two sets of jets(one for each carb, I got two carbs), also I have a set of "jet drills" and gauge in case I need to go bigger :D

Seems like the engine is coming from U.K., what would be your recomendation as for the reed valve?..I'm wondering if Vforce has a reed valve this size...I know they have one for KTM 50 c.c., maybe same valve?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Just got 3 set sizes of gauge drills and drilling handle, I use the small stock sizes and drill them out bigger and sometimes you can make 1/2 size jets. I just have a stock 4 reed cage w/ CF reeds on my C1 50cc.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got 3 set sizes of gauge drills and drilling handle, I use the small stock sizes and drill them out bigger and sometimes you can make 1/2 size jets. I just have a stock 4 reed cage w/ CF reeds on my C1 50cc.
Would You mind to share a picture of your reed valve with measurements?

Thanks!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I would if I could but, Its on the bike and I glued it on with high temp RTV, and am Not taking it off to measure it,lol,lol.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would if I could but, Its on the bike and I glued it on with high temp RTV, and am Not taking it off to measure it,lol,lol.
No worries....I understand...:) thought You had an "spare" laying arround...I already ordered a "stock" reed valve to take measurements and see if I could get a VForce valve.

Thanks!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I'll get some pictures and measurements right now for you...

But The reeds are dusty!

(Edit to add pictures)

Picture 1 is of what I would call the reed block base (width) is 36mm, And the (depth) is 38mm.

Picture 2 is of the mounting base of the reed block (width) is about 50mm, And the (Depth) is 62mm, The thickness of the base is 4mm.

The Overall height (total height) is 40mm.

For this engine (MT-A4) The reeds are not able to open all the way, We made a "Custom" reed spacer (5mm thick) to bring the reed block away from the engine and allow the reeds to open more, This did lower the "Crank Case" pressure because we added some Volume but the reeds opening more made a positive power gain.

You could modify the Engine where the reeds sit, so the reeds can open more while the block stays close to the engine, I have pictures of that "modification" if you would like to see. :):thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get some pictures and measurements right now for you...

But The reeds are dusty!

(Edit to add pictures)

Picture 1 is of what I would call the reed block base (width) is 36mm, And the (depth) is 38mm.

Picture 2 is of the mounting base of the reed block (width) is about 50mm, And the (Depth) is 62mm, The thickness of the base is 4mm.

The Overall height (total height) is 40mm.

For this engine (MT-A4) The reeds are not able to open all the way, We made a "Custom" reed spacer (5mm thick) to bring the reed block away from the engine and allow the reeds to open more, This did lower the "Crank Case" pressure because we added some Volume but the reeds opening more made a positive power gain.

You could modify the Engine where the reeds sit, so the reeds can open more while the block stays close to the engine, I have pictures of that "modification" if you would like to see. :):thumbsup:
Thank You so much Nick!!!!....I already talk to the MotoTassinari guys to ask them for a VForce Reed Valve and they need to have a stock one in order to "fabricate" one for me...your pics are a lot of help...I'm confident they will come up with a VForce valve for me soon :)
I would LOVE to see your modification for the reed valve instead of using a 5 m.m. spacer.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Thank You so much Nick!!!!....I already talk to the MotoTassinari guys to ask them for a VForce Reed Valve and they need to have a stock one in order to "fabricate" one for me...your pics are a lot of help...I'm confident they will come up with a VForce valve for me soon :)
I would LOVE to see your modification for the reed valve instead of using a 5 m.m. spacer.
When I'm out in the garage tomorrow I'll snap some pictures and do a small write up for you, basically we just used a Dremel hand grinder to open up the the top and bottom around the reed block, It helped lots for the reed lift issues we we're having.

I just realized, when my computer crashed, I lost about 100 cool C1 engine pictures, but I will take new ones, since I know a little bit more now than I did back then.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I'm out in the garage tomorrow I'll snap some pictures and do a small write up for you, basically we just used a Dremel hand grinder to open up the the top and bottom around the reed block, It helped lots for the reed lift issues we we're having.

I just realized, when my computer crashed, I lost about 100 cool C1 engine pictures, but I will take new ones, since I know a little bit more now than I did back then.
Got the idea Nick, Thanks!...I have a Pneumatic NSK PRO Porting Set....I will exercise my "porting skills" soon with this engines ;)

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How much is it costing you to get that motor and shipping??
Bare engine 59.99£
Pullstart 16.49£
Clutchbell 6.49£
Coil 10.49£
Shiping 46.00£
Reed valve 8.50£
Total 147.96£

Thay have a "complete" engine for 129.99£ and a "short" engine for 80.00 £, not an option for me because the shiping weight and I already have the carb...that's why I choose the above combo

1 - 20 of 47 Posts