Pocketbike Forum banner

361 - 380 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
See the cyld with one wide upper port, I take the 2 upper port cyld and Dremel out the center pc with a 3/8" barrel cutter. It's pretty easy, Then I run a no port piston. Learned that from Sam, ( Boosted306 ). On the cut cyld it don't have to be pretty, the head is going to cover it. The most important part is the top where the copper head gasket sits, the side of the barrel only has to slip into the head, I use files, sand paper, ( wet & dry is the best ) mostly, and the barrel cutter around the outside of the ring. When I was machining alum & plastics way back, I make a small surfacing block out of 1.5" Thick alum, its very flat, made it to do may drag bike stuff. I use double sided poster tape on the block and put sand paper and go to work, lol. I buy one sheet each of 100, 240, 400 and even 600 ans 1,000 grit, $1.30 a sheet. You could use a flat piece of glass.
Very nice. I'll see what I can do. I need to finish Engine 1 first. Lol. Too many other things getting in the way.

You know, 44mm 10mm wrist pin are hard to find. Is the 40mm 10mm pin usable with a 44mm piston???

Where do you guys trim the head to get better squish?? Or what is that process?
Thanks.

FYI: The 10mm wristpin for the 52cc 44mm pistonported engines could be used ….

Good to know. Thanks. Can the piston be used as well?? Really just curious for future reference. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Does a 10mm piston and wrist pin from a PP motor work in 44mm CAG reed motor??
Also, I know CAM2 has run ally in a bike, but has anyone run E85 in a pocket bike?? Really just E85 compatible fuel line, tank, carb, and 30%more jetting. Just curious if it has been done yet??
Thanks guys!!

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Also, I know CAM2 has run ally in a bike, but has anyone run E85 in a pocket bike?? Really just E85 compatible fuel line, tank, carb, and 30%more jetting. Just curious if it has been done yet??
Thanks guys!!
//E85 has been done and seeings its only 104 octane on most of my builds its not worth detuning to backstep…

The regimine is the same as using nitromethane,methanol ,methanol/alcohol blend or straight up alcohol which is just pure 100% ethanol and not an 85% blend.......The whole enchilada is the way to go if youre gonna go that far...

Youre gonna need 14:1 compression minimum and a 2 stroke oil appropriate for ethanol too which is essentially what I use in my alky/methanol builds.......

My old Camaro was tuned on E85 and its definitely worth the savings especially over premium or 100 octane fuels in the amounts I used to burn in it..Thing got like 3 miles to the gallon being easy on the pedal and the fuel cell was only 15 gallons.......LOL

I had to put a fuelpump with stainless impeller also non corrosive fuellines plus Barry Grant E-85 carb fuel filter and fuel regulator in it to get those savings too.....LOL

camaro short clip_zpsenutfj9i by Dizzy Gillespie, on Flickr

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Thanks guys!!
As far as the piston question I hate going round n round on the mulberry bush answering these questions over and over....maybe you should write the pertinent info down in a book like I still do.....

Theres a thousand ways you can build a tool based engine and that takes multiple engines and lots of money and time to invest....I only had the time because I was recovering from a neck I broke in 2 places needing Half a million in surgeries then getting my legs and pelvis busted in a separate crash a few years later...

I also modified about $30k in r/c vehicles turbo porting engines n such so my knowledge is imbedded in my mind and a lot more automatic to fathom things.....

That comes with your own time and experimentation with the amount of hours Ive invested in my hobby room and the years invested in building chainsaw engines into 80cc 85mph asphalt rippers...…...LOL

These threads can go on forever especially if that's what youre thriving for.......Building the engine alongside the questions being asked in the thread and the using the advice when given makes a one shot deal of things....….

It wasnt but a few posts back your question was already answered for the first time...IDK why they even have these forums to be able to be re-read...We should just have a chat box instead.....…….LOL

You should follow others builds that are similar that I participate in....You'd learn a lot from them aswell.....

Especially pntrbls thread about a Schwinn cruiser that used to be his sisters...…...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Thanks guys!!
//E85 has been done and seeings its only 104 octane on most of my builds its not worth detuning to backstep…

The regimine is the same as using nitromethane,methanol ,methanol/alcohol blend or straight up alcohol which is just pure 100% ethanol and not an 85% blend.......The whole enchilada is the way to go if youre gonna go that far...

Youre gonna need 14:1 compression minimum and a 2 stroke oil appropriate for ethanol too which is essentially what I use in my alky/methanol builds.......

My old Camaro was tuned on E85 and its definitely worth the savings especially over premium or 100 octane fuels in the amounts I used to burn in it..Thing got like 3 miles to the gallon being easy on the pedal and the fuel cell was only 15 gallons.......LOL

I had to put a fuelpump with stainless impeller also non corrosive fuellines plus Barry Grant E-85 carb fuel filter and fuel regulator in it to get those savings too.....LOL

camaro short clip_zpsenutfj9i by Dizzy Gillespie, on Flickr
Okay, yeah I was just curious on the price. I know for cars 85 is the way to go because it's high octane and cheap. But it sounds like middle of the road on these cheap two strokes is not the way to go. Thank you for your answer

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Thanks guys!!
As far as the piston question I hate going round n round on the mulberry bush answering these questions over and over....maybe you should write the pertinent info down in a book like I still do.....

Theres a thousand ways you can build a tool based engine and that takes multiple engines and lots of money and time to invest....I only had the time because I was recovering from a neck I broke in 2 places needing Half a million in surgeries then getting my legs and pelvis busted in a separate crash a few years later...

I also modified about $30k in r/c vehicles turbo porting engines n such so my knowledge is imbedded in my mind and a lot more automatic to fathom things.....

That comes with your own time and experimentation with the amount of hours Ive invested in my hobby room and the years invested in building chainsaw engines into 80cc 85mph asphalt rippers...…...LOL

These threads can go on forever especially if that's what youre thriving for.......Building the engine alongside the questions being asked in the thread and the using the advice when given makes a one shot deal of things....….

It wasnt but a few posts back your question was already answered for the first time...IDK why they even have these forums to be able to be re-read...We should just have a chat box instead.....…….LOL

You should follow others builds that are similar that I participate in....You'd learn a lot from them aswell.....

Especially pntrbls thread about a Schwinn cruiser that used to be his sisters...…...
Sorry, the answer that I had thought I received was only about the wrist pin and not necessary that the Piston, I'm assuming that part doesn't matter. I will definitely check on that Schwinn Cruiser thread, I have been definitely reading up on as much as I can. And I will post more up on the engine that this post originated from soon
And you are very correct some of these threads can just go on and on. Reading some of these with 1500 pages is crazy. But when you find the right information it is awesome. Thanks again and when I have some info on my engine number one I will post it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #368 (Edited)
So anyone know why CAM2 and EPR have BANNED under their name??

Never mind. Figured out why CAM2 is. Not sure why EPR is banned though.
Whatever.....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Hopefully CAM2 and EPR watch from above. Starting to work on my case blueprinting again. And will use a CAM2 special cylinder. Balanced/lightened clutch with HP springs, lightened flywheel. Working on squish numbers and a pumper carb. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hopefully CAM2 and EPR watch from above. Starting to work on my case blueprinting again. And will use a CAM2 special cylinder. Balanced/lightened clutch with HP springs, lightened flywheel. Working on squish numbers and a pumper carb. Stay tuned.
What parts are you still needing? I still have a stack of parts from when i was trying to start a racing league.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
What parts are you still needing? I still have a stack of parts from when i was trying to start a racing league.
I PM'd you.
I want to start a small league, mostly friends and maybe friends of friends. I dont care if it gets big. If it does I would pass the torch quickly. Lol. But I cant wait to start modifying these motors for more power. I love the Blata and Polini bikes but replacement parts are crazy expensive. Modify a chinese bike and parts are pleanty and cheap. As CAM2 has said many times.
I have too many hobbies to dedicate a lot of money to just one. Also for me , I flip a lot of pocket bikes. And I can make more $$ if they are obviously faster than the other guys selling.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I PM'd you.
I want to start a small league, mostly friends and maybe friends of friends. I dont care if it gets big. If it does I would pass the torch quickly. Lol. But I cant wait to start modifying these motors for more power. I love the Blata and Polini bikes but replacement parts are crazy expensive. Modify a chinese bike and parts are pleanty and cheap. As CAM2 has said many times.
I have too many hobbies to dedicate a lot of money to just one. Also for me , I flip a lot of pocket bikes. And I can make more $$ if they are obviously faster than the other guys selling.
But you will never get that performance from an China bike/motor than from a Blata, Polini etc.
When you start to tune a China engine to get the same power as from a Blata/Polini/BZM then it start to break something at every ride.

Chinabikes/engines are good for playing around and testing something but not to perform in a race.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
I PM'd you.
But you will never get that performance from an China bike/motor than from a Blata, Polini etc.
When you start to tune a China engine to get the same power as from a Blata/Polini/BZM then it start to break something at every ride.

Chinabikes/engines are good for playing around and testing something but not to perform in a race.
I agree. And by race I mean parking lot races with friends. There is absolutely no pocket bike leagues or professional races in my area unfortunately. I do have a blata 2.5. Eventually I'd like to find an elite or polini 6.2 but I will be looking more for an air-cooled. I don't want to deal with the water cooled bikes. I have too many hobbies. That makes money tight.

·
Super Moderator
2,179 Posts
If your parking lot raceing you all are going to want similar bikes if one guy has a euro bike and everybody else is riding Chinese cags that is going to be unfair and the euro bike guy will own all the races... Back in the day they would have different classes the beginner or novice class which consisted of mostly Cags and beginner budget bikes. Then they would have intermediate class which would be mostly 42cc and under euro bikes and the water cooled China bikes ( they don't make the water cooled China bikes anymore ) and then pro class which would be the big block Euro bikes upto 60cc.

Definitely set up some rules so that people aren't over modifying their bikes and causing unfair advantages or have a stock and modifyed class.

When I did parking lot racing we did CAGs because they are inexspisive really the only rule was the stock cylinder had to be used it could be ported but no boost ports everyone was running base gasket delete rocket keys and carbon fiber reed's.

Always ask permission to use the parking lot get it in writing have the land owners phone number so when the police show up they can't do anything to stop the fun 🙂

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #375 (Edited)
If your parking lot raceing you all are going to want similar bikes if one guy has a euro bike and everybody else is riding Chinese cags that is going to be unfair and the euro bike guy will own all the races... Back in the day they would have different classes the beginner or novice class which consisted of mostly Cags and beginner budget bikes. Then they would have intermediate class which would be mostly 42cc and under euro bikes and the water cooled China bikes ( they don't make the water cooled China bikes anymore ) and then pro class which would be the big block Euro bikes upto 60cc.

Definitely set up some rules so that people aren't over modifying their bikes and causing unfair advantages or have a stock and modifyed class.

When I did parking lot racing we did CAGs because they are inexspisive really the only rule was the stock cylinder had to be used it could be ported but no boost ports everyone was running base gasket delete rocket keys and carbon fiber reed's.

Always ask permission to use the parking lot get it in writing have the land owners phone number so when the police show up they can't do anything to stop the fun 🙂
I hear you on all aspects. Right now the only thing would be they'd all be by bikes, fortunately and unfortunately. They will all be built differently and the faster the bike the heavier the person that will ride it. That alone will make a difference. Different classes would come with more people attending.
Should be fun and also with just a couple people and a school parking lot around here, you don't need to worry about anything no permission needed. It's public area. Same with the parking lots that are Park District. As long as you're not doing burnouts or anything technically illegal which in my state isn't much, you're all good. But like you said and it doesn't hurt to have anything in writing.
Hopefully when I'm done the Chinese bikes will whoop the crap out of my blata 2.5. Now granted liquid cooled is an unfair advantage to any air-cooled but I've been in the snowmobile industry for years and I've had many air-cooled or fan-cooled snowmobiles that would whoop the crap out of a liquid cooled of similar cc's. As I have been told and I teach this to my children, there will always be somebody that can beat you and there will always be somebody that you can beat. Don't ever assume you are the best. Being the best only last so long, no matter what you have.
I have a 4500 pound twin turbo V6 daily driver and I destroy many sport cars on the street. But it is heavy and I need at least 30% more horsepower to match a lighter cars weight. That is personal experience.
And what I mean by that don't underestimate anything. Lightly modified or heavily modified you can still lose or win, too many variables. But at least for now we would be out just for fun.

·
Super Moderator
2,179 Posts
Sounds like a blast 😊 you can draw straws for the fast bike and all of that fun stuff and don't worry pretty soon everyone will have to have their own bike...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #377 (Edited)
Sounds like a blast 😊 you can draw straws for the fast bike and all of that fun stuff and don't worry pretty soon everyone will have to have their own bike...
That would be the ultimate plan. Lol
I just wont tell them all the secrets to making them faster. Ha.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
I PM'd you.

Hey Chrisi, what bikes do you race professionally?? Just curious what the cost is of a topend rebuild on a real race bike.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I PM'd you.

Hey Chrisi, what bikes do you race professionally?? Just curious what the cost is of a topend rebuild on a real race bike.
I have a grc RRZ3 with a 50cc BZM Motor 6port, topend rebuild is about 250€ for the cylinderset + 100€ for the head+dome.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
I PM'd you.

I have a grc RRZ3 with a 50cc BZM Motor 6port, topend rebuild is about 250€ for the cylinderset + 100€ for the head+dome.
That is a really sweet motor. Got a picture of the whole bike? I bet that's a sweet looking bike. I think that's what 385US to $400US
Man, I could build about five Chinese motors for that much. I'll have plenty of backups for my parking lot racing. Lol

361 - 380 of 399 Posts