Pocketbike Forum banner

381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Wow that thing is really sweet 😍😍😍 there's not a Chinese engine in the world that's comparable to that thing!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Sweet bike, again, how many races have you won??
Update on my engine that this thread started on, I put it on a slight hold while I work on a project pocket bike. I will take some pics and some specs of it soon. When I measured the squish on a "race engine" it must have been around .080. Not good. Even when I took the base gasket out it's still measured way above .050. I took the copper gasket out of the two-piece head and it's finally measured in around .043". My goal is to hit 0.050". And it will have a lightened flywheel, balanced and lightened clutch with HP Springs, pumper carb, dumping the old toilet bowl carburetor, modded reed stopper and plate, rocket key, and a HP wire for the coil. Just a little extra oomph. It is a bike that I am flipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Hp clutch springs and modded clutch. Ported carb from 13 mm to 14.75 front and back. The porting looks rough but it's not, I smooth it out with some sand paper and files. Also tapped out the fuel intake for more flow, a little less than double the size.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
No one won, I do it only for fun I'm toooooooo old and toooooooo heavy for races😅😅.
But I know one or two things about 2 stroke engines.
At your cag carb you should normally have some space to the top where you can mill 1 or 2mm so that an oval cross-section is created.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #391 (Edited)
hey, I'm not saying that the Euro bikes suck. I love Euro bikes.But there are some chinese water cooled bikes that will run with a Euro bike. As the same with air cooled bikes chinese vs Euro. Maybe not as reliable but a good race for sure.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #392 (Edited)
Unfortunately, my pocket bike builds are slow as I have many hobbies. Mini bikes, dirt bikes, electric dirt bikes, choppers, scooter, goped scooters, snowmobiles, hot rods, RC cars, etc

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
Hey guys I know it's been a while. The original thought behind this whole thread was me continuing to advance in the two stroke pocket bike engine area other than the simple bolt ons that everybody knows about. I have done a lot that I have learned off this thread at least in the way of simple stuff, I started to do the deeper stuff and a few projects I had put on hold which will be continuing here soon. In the meantime here's a good one for you. Tell me what's wrong with this picture???????

this was one of the engines I have been modifying over the past few

Attachments

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
Hey my friend, the piston is upside down, the arrow points down or towards the exhaust, your triangle piston ports are facing the exhaust port, not a good thing, lol.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
Correct!! Thanks EPR. You know your stuff. That is exactly what I found when I pulled the cylinder head off. The Piston was upside down. Also I had a broken ring. Among other problems with this engine. It looks like somebody threw this thing together with a bunch of performance parts and did not know what they were doing. The Piston is nice and clean like it has barely been broken in. This will be a sweet engine without internal work. But eventually I will do some internal work. This one already does have Boost ports.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I spend my time and effort signing up for promos to cover the cost of all those parts i bought to help the local pocketbike scene. The local scene died out in '09. They say money buys parts and for someone that can build it better.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Definitely true. I am a little backed up with engine builds right now. Lol. I will have quite a few good engines and limited chassis to put rhem into

381 - 399 of 399 Posts