Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy snapping *******s, i thought only the japanese had minimoto obsessions, you guys have some worked up cag's!

Ordered my first one off mini pocket rockets . com just yesterday for something to tool around with at the autocross track and around buddies houses and what not, come to find out, you can get mad engine swaps and parts are about as cheap as a 5 gallon drum of VP race fuel!!!!!

anything you guys suggest on doing to my pb right when i unbox it? just curious because im sure there is a break in setup you all follow, and im sure there are screws you guys pull in the carbs that get rid of the throttle limit and all that shiz. anything you all suggest i will have no problem doing, im pretty **** sure im going to cut the silencer off the back and just straight pipe it so its loud as balls haha...but thats another thing :)

any helping tricks or tips will be greatly appreciated! i dont even have one yet and im already hooked!

·
Registered
244 Posts
first off, welcome to the site! You have just entered into a addicting sport for sure..
honestly though the first thing I would do when you get your bike is to just ride it.. id get used to the size and how it handles before you start upgrading it.. once you get a feel for it a BB motor is always the best route if you feel the need for more power.. just browse some old post on here and you get a feel for how things go. Good luck!

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
As for unboxing. When I got mine before even riding it I took completely apart to make sure everything was good and clean up everything then put it back together using blue locktight on the important bolts.

Once the engine was approved I checked the frame made sure the forks and handle bars weren't going anywhere and adjusted them to my likings. Check the wheels and make sure the tire pressure is good and go ahead and check all body pieces and bolts, make sure they are snug and not going anywhere.

Couple other things to do is adjust the chain so it aligns with the pinion gear and the sprocket. Then adjust for proper tension. Adjusting the breaks so they don't rub is good too. May need to play with some washers if the breaks wanna be picky. Lastly clean out the gas tank good cause they never come clean and it'll clog up your carb in no time.

I think that covers the basics before you even start up your bike. Find some good non synthetic oil to use when breaking in your bike and take your time doing it right. Once you got the bike broken in play around on it to get a feel for it before upgrading it if ya want. Or upgrade it all then break it in. That's what im doing with my other bike I got.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, big help for sure.

ill take the tank out and clean it. ill use some gasoline to rinse it out just in case there is **** in there that shouldnt be. im also going to pick up a fuel filter if i can in the mean time to help with keeping the carb cleaned.

i kind of figure the parts that want to be *** and break, ill replace with something even better. figured an engine swap will get done over the winter time, but for now, play with it while i can, maybe do an exhaust for it, but thats a big maybe. im sure ill just cut the muffler off so its loud as balls, no issues with neighbors, so thats a good thing haha.

noticed a video online of a group of dudes on a lake with spiked tires...looks like i found an idea for using this thing in the winter time now!!! looks like a lot of fun!

anything else you all suggest? i know some of the more experienced guys have things to say, so im sure they wont be to shy about chiming in!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Welcome Aboard, I have 8 bikes and have to work on 2 of them, Now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have you heard how loud these 2 stroke engines are before?

First time i hear of anyone trying to make it louder XD

Anyways, gratz on your purchase, hope you like the bike.

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
Have you heard how loud these 2 stroke engines are before?

First time i hear of anyone trying to make it louder XD

Anyways, gratz on your purchase, hope you like the bike.
Yeah ur absolutely right, 2 strokes are loud!

I'd actually like to get a silencer made for mine so I can take my bike in the dark more often instead of just on the weekend :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

I heard 4 strokes are much quieter but I never heard one myself.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Welcome to the site. Make sure to break your engine in properly, it takes patience but nothing will ruin it quicker than opening it up too much too soon.

As for 4 stroke noise, it actually carries further than 2 strokes. So while 2 strokes are definitely louder up close, a 4 stroke will have a wider area affected by the noise.

And your pink bike is epic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hope people caught the EPA thread i threw up on the boards, total bs, whatever, money was refunded and no issues with that.

looks like ill have to find one from somewhere else, if anyone knows of a supplier that i can order it from that has them in stock and are ready to ship, post it up and ill make the purchase!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Don't feel bad, this has been happening since 2005, the EPA is Full of it!

I would let the cat out of the bag, but it's not my place to name names! plus it is sort of insider information...

The AMA is our best friend, and all but tells the EPA, GO TO HE** !!!!! :p :thumbsup:

·
183 Posts
Welcome to the site. Make sure to break your engine in properly, it takes patience but nothing will ruin it quicker than opening it up too much too soon.

As for 4 stroke noise, it actually carries further than 2 strokes. So while 2 strokes are definitely louder up close, a 4 stroke will have a wider area affected by the noise.

And your pink bike is epic.
Thanks. And far as the noise of 4 strokes to 2 strokes goes, I had no idea the noise carries further. :eek:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Something else to toss out there, two strokes sound louder because of the exhaust issues, a muffler (baffle style) on a 4-stroke is excepted as Fine, the same thing on a 2-stroke will make tuners say you do not know what you are doing.

Well, as long as my engine does not blow, I would rather loose 1hp to an exhaust, and be riding, than have the bike stronger and sitting in the garage!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Man, glad I got my 8 bikes a few years ago. No EPA to deal with.
My X18 with the HP exhaust is Loud.

·
183 Posts
Man, glad I got my 8 bikes a few years ago. No EPA to deal with.
My X18 with the HP exhaust is Loud.
I was looking at your signature, and I just came to the realization that your signature is the abbreviation for Empty Pockets Racing lol :eek:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Your good, not many notice that. But, it is true, I just spent $240 today for a rear rim & tire, bearings & axles, brake rotors,etc. Most of it for the 2 engine drag bike. I have everything but the driveline between the 2 engs, thats the tricky part,lol,lol.

·
183 Posts
Your good, not many notice that. But, it is true, I just spent $240 today for a rear rim & tire, bearings & axles, brake rotors,etc. Most of it for the 2 engine drag bike. I have everything but the driveline between the 2 engs, thats the tricky part,lol,lol.
Cool, cool. Currently I'm sanding down my fairings to get it all prep'd for paint. But with me going to work in a few I'll have to continue later. Man is sanding the bike time consuming.

·
Stormin' Mormon
310 Posts
Make sure you wear a mask. When I sanded the original paint off my bike I didn't wear a mask and I think I got acute lead poisening lol. Not sure if they did paint it with lead based paint but wouldn't suprise me if they did because after I was all done sanding I got sick and felt like crap s few days after.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts