Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just purchased a cheap 49cc Agiano Racing Series from a guy off Facebook. I understand that it is going to be a project and me and my coworkers don't mind tinkering with it. Obviously I don't want it to turn into a money pit, so we'll see how it goes.

I haven't been able to find out much about Agiano as a brand and any help to info in the forums here would be greatly appreciated. Hope to learn a lot from all of you.

- Robert

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
Cat eye fs509 49cc 2 stroke piston ported engine

Replace the carby and I bet she will run

Body parts are extremely hard to find be extremely careful with what you have

There are no wireing diagrams so don't mess up the wireing if it works leave it alone

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
There is a plug with two little wires coming out of the engine near where the spark plug is all you have to do is un plug that wire and you can pull start it

More then likely you will have to replace the carburetor before you yank the pull starter to death

Don't lose track of the fact that it is a weed whacker engine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've considered just buying the 79cc or the 212cc engine from habor freight and throwing it on there..

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
The frame won't handle it ( the China steal cracks ) and those harbor freight engines spin the wrong way on top of it being way to big...

By the time you spend the money on the engine clutch jackshaft chain sprockets then all that time you can just buy a mini bike that is made for a lawnmower style engine

https://gokartsusa.com/minibike-mini-bike-kits.aspx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After unplugging those wires was able to get it to start but wouldn't stay running.. but decided to empty the gas out because the bike had been sitting for so long.. im going to add new fuel/mix and see if that help... carb looks relatively good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hypothetically, couldn't I flip the back tire to work with a counterclockwise motor? I got somebody that can weld to reinforce the frame and create a new exhaust..

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
There is that chain drive single speed transmission it's that box thing hanging on the side 😂 inside there is a cytrifical clutch.

That's how people have done it in the past and get some hydraulic brakes off a pit bike or something stock brakes won't stop it

You can lock the suspension and fill the front forks with silicone caulking so it doesn't pogo stick

Just some tips from what people have done in the past to swap in the HF engine remember you will be adding about 40LBS to a bike that was meant to carry a 120LB rider

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it running.. the primer ball had deteriorated and when we put fresh gas in it started pouring out there.. replaced the primer and fixed part of the gas line i damaged and starts on first pull

1 - 18 of 18 Posts