Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After a recent incident that ended in my son and his midi dirt bike going for a swim I was thinking if fitting a kill switch to his bike. It's a DR50 Midi moto bike. I've seen the switches on ebay but haven't a clue where to wire it up to. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
you only need the single small wire from the coil which goes to the switch, this wire is earth so when the switch is de pressed this ground wire makes contact with the steel handlebar tube which cuts power to the coil, you can test the wire by starting the engine and then touching this wire end on a metal surface like the handle bars, the engine will stop if the wire has no internal breakage.. sorry bout the swim.. how was the water:) well i definately recommend one.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Sorry to hear about the dirt bike Jet Ski :eek: I hope your son is O.K. !!!

Do you mean a "Remote" Kill? if so there are lots of options, I think wireless would be the best, the kits I have seen would need some 12v for the receiver at the bike (small 12v rechargeable battery) and then you would be on the other end with the "Key FOB" (remote control) the kit I've seen, is basically a starter kill on a car alarm.

It's for 4-strokes normally, but I bet, you could adapt it to a 2-stroke engine, and I think I have seen it on a 2-stroke quad, but is the little bike you have a 4-stroke? because if it is, it probably has the cdi type ignition which makes things really easy!

Another different option, the Tether type, kill setup like used on quads and jet ski's, it hooks to the riders wrist, so if they have to bail, the ignition gets killed.

Nick.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts