Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a very tight fit, but I got it too work.. now I need to figure out something to keep the pipe from burning me while I ride this thing lol.

Here are a few pics I took when I first tried to get it in there this summer. I realized pretty quickly that it wasent going to be bolt on, the head pipes curbature was not gonna clear the bottom front crossbar for the footrests. Also the end of the headpipe ran into the cylinder head and would not clear it if the rest of the jet pro were inside the frame. I ended up putting it aside and modifying a stock pipe for the quad.

I took a look at it again today and decided I was going to do something about it, so I hacked off the middle part of the footrest supports, modified the flanged slightly to angle it so it would fit correctly, used some high temp silicone bands to make sure the flange and headpipe are properly sealed and not leaking, and instead of passing the pipe through the frame, I let it out on the left side. I think It actually looks pretty sweet like this. gonna wait this cold weather out to test it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry if this is irrelevant but i really want to fit a jetpro pipe to my mini dirt bike. Has anybody done this or do i have to get one made up at the zorst place?
Seeing this made me realise its possible on my dirt bike. Cheers mate, its guys like u that start people thinking anythings possible to fit on these things. Great work!

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know a gut who put a jetpro on a mini dirt bike, but it depends on what frame design you have. I'll see if I cant find pics of it, or someone who did it similar. Trouble is with the mini dirtbikes you have the reduction box getting in the way.

But if you really want to get that thing in on there, where there is a will, there is a way. you can always get the head pipe modified in order to make it fit, if you have the extra cash to pay for a welder.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im thinking i buy one and get the exhausr shop up the road to modify it to make it fit. Then again they could probly make one just as good to fit from scratch. Ill enquire today and see cos that stock exhaust is restricting bigtime.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
making one custom is never a bad idea, but with the jet pro you know what youre getting, and thats power gains. I put one on my neighbours little half fairing CAG and the power gains are very noticeable, especially in low and mid revs.

Now all I need to do on this quad is take my rep pumper and rebuild it with the walbro repair kit, and slap it on... it's been lying around on a shelf since this september havent gotten around to it yet... also have my Polini 10hp watercooled motor that I need to start toying with, it's in really rough shape.

·
Registered
47 Posts
making one custom is never a bad idea, but with the jet pro you know what youre getting, and thats power gains. I put one on my neighbours little half fairing CAG and the power gains are very noticeable, especially in low and mid revs.

Now all I need to do on this quad is take my rep pumper and rebuild it with the walbro repair kit, and slap it on... it's been lying around on a shelf since this september havent gotten around to it yet... also have my Polini 10hp watercooled motor that I need to start toying with, it's in really rough shape.
Ive seen the jetpro pipe come in 2 pieces. The u bit from flange and then the rest of the exhaust that starts from it. What about along the right side of the bike? Nothing there to interfere.... i mean put the u bit from head 180 degrees around and have the pipe run on the opposite side of the bike.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's actually in 3 pieces, the flange, the headpipe and then the pipe itself. there are springs to hold it all together. the only way to find out is to get the pipe and see if it will fit, and if it doesent what can be done to make it fit.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just finished putting together the rep pumper with walbro rebuild kit. still need to find an intake manifold and fuel lines for it. going on a C list/Kijiji hunt this weekend with a few hundred bucks, gonna try and nab up a half fairing CAG with alot of parts for a good deal for my next CAG project, decided I was putting the Polini aside for a while just dont have the cash to throw into it right now...

I'll post up some pics when I come back from my treasure hunt.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Kijiji i havnt used in a long time. Thinks for the reminder. You mini quad is looking good.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here is the stuff I used between the flange and head pipe. This adhesive tape is resistant to 1900F and is ideal for sealing pipes that come in 2 and 3 pieces like the jet pro, or Fatty pipe. Also great for patching holes in stock exhaust pipes. I recommend this for any pocketbikers toolbox, very handy.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked up the new CAG motor. opened her up and was delighted to find a "racing" clutch fc crank, light flywheel, and it came with this weird looking exhaust... gonna post up some pics tomorrow morning. The head kit is 5 ports 2 pcs, needs alot of smoothing and all... came with a windowed piston aswell. Carb is ported. Only thing I dont understand is why this whole motor is new and the clutch bell looks worn, and the bolts have some very light rust on them.... they wont be staying there anyways, out with the china bolts and in with the good quality hardware.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Picked up the new CAG motor. opened her up and was delighted to find a "racing" clutch fc crank, light flywheel, and it came with this weird looking exhaust... gonna post up some pics tomorrow morning. The head kit is 5 ports 2 pcs, needs alot of smoothing and all... came with a windowed piston aswell. Carb is ported. Only thing I dont understand is why this whole motor is new and the clutch bell looks worn, and the bolts have some very light rust on them.... they wont be staying there anyways, out with the china bolts and in with the good quality hardware.
Where did you get the cag motor at?

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Where did you get the cag motor at?
Kijiji.ca is basicly Craigs List, Idk if they are in the US though, might only be in canada. Sometimes you find people willing to ship items posted up on there, so it's still worth a look every now and then.

The Kiji he was talking about............

Nice pickup Matt...That engines in good hands now......
Thanks Cam, yeah it was deffinitely a good deal, this guy was a walking distance away from my place to so I didint even spend anything on gas to get it. Just got off work and Im hella tired but I'm still gonna put in some work onto the head kit today. Some honing, and alot of deburring, the ports in this head are full of sharp edges, gonna clean them up, and finally polish it. I cant find my crank case splitter which sucks because I have some crazy 6202 15X35x11mm full ceramic bearings that go for around 150$ a pop, and I want them in this crank. I guess Ill just leave the stock ones in for now, they are brand new anyways. I'm gonna slap on the rebuilt wt603 rep carb on this thing and put the ported float carb on the Quad.

The guy who I picked up this motor from makes custom exhaust pipes, but I am skeptical of it's design, he seemed to think it offered better performance than modded stock pipe/aftermarket pipe.

a pic of the motor before disassembly.
and a few pics of the pipe that the guy made.

looks like a car muffler. LOL.

Unrelated quesion. Looking for turboback straps, the stuff they use to disperse heat on piping on performance car engines, if anyone knows a place online to find em, I need some!!

Time to get busy!

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Take the 4 head bolts off and pop the cylinder with piston in, up an inch, clean the case gasket and cylinder area. Throw the old gasket it the round file. Get a tube of Yamabond, Hondabond or something like it. With my finger I smear a very light layer of Yamabond on the cases area, drop the cylinder down with it pointed up & bolt just touching the bottom flanges for 30 minutes, let it set all night, torque the head bolts down. It will not be the same engine, especially if you ported it. The pull handle will rip your fingers off, but once it's running it's Nasty!!

1 - 20 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.