Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So right now I'm about a half an hour in and it's running really great.
There is no hurry, better to do it right. Were not getting paid, were here to help each other. I would run synthetic oil 20/40.
If your float in the carb bowl is to high more gas will go up the main jet tube, making you to rich.
It's wanting to die every time I switch in to first from neutral....... I actually am using the same spark plug I've checked it twice. It is a little black around it but it's like a dry black unlike last time where it was more wet

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It actually seems to be shifting better. It's not bogging down when I am gassing it. Having a hard time getting the idle set to proper level but for the most part it's really running way better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
So the way it's looking now is some new gaskets for the oil leak I have and try to work on the electric start and see how it goes from there with the fairings. Plus just get her tuned up the right way 😂 what would be the best place to order a set of seals and gaskets?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
See just put a little time in and you'll get it figured out. And we can help you along
Trust me! I'm long on time and short on money lol. But this is how I started doing the motorized bicycles and everything. As long as you got a passion and show it people out there like you guys will help

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
564 Posts
Just make sure that the spark is actually blue and not yellow. Put it in the wire out of the cylinder and hold it on top of the cylinder with a rubber glove. Give her a little start and see if it's blue or yellow in the gap

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just make sure that the spark is actually blue and not yellow. Put it in the wire out of the cylinder and hold it on top of the cylinder with a rubber glove. Give her a little start and see if it's blue or yellow in the gap
That is something I've never heard of as far as the color

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
564 Posts
Blue spark good, yellow not good. The cheaper plugs will turn yellow or no spark at all much sooner. And when you hold it on top of the cylinder head make sure it's not near the spark plug hole, cuz it could ignite.
I usually put it towards the bottom of the cylinder and hold it with a glove, by holding the spark plug wire. Sometimes you got to throw a towel over you or do it a dark garage.
There are you make sure you can see the proper color

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
You can get gasket material from the auto parts store I use a leather belt punch to make the holes. You can try ordering gaskets but there has been so many variations of those engines it's next to impossible to find the right gasketes

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Blue spark good, yellow not good. The cheaper plugs will turn yellow or no spark at all much sooner. And when you hold it on top of the cylinder head make sure it's not near the spark plug hole, cuz it could ignite.
I usually put it towards the bottom of the cylinder and hold it with a glove, by holding the spark plug wire. Sometimes you got to throw a towel over you or do it a dark garage.
There are you make sure you can see the proper color
I honestly use gasket maker on most of my things the red for high heat and the black for normal I just didn't know how hard it would be to get them

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You can get gasket material from the auto parts store I use a leather belt punch to make the holes. You can try ordering gaskets but there has been so many variations of those engines it's next to impossible to find the right gasketes

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would replace that plug if you have not already. On my X18 one time it started the day before, the next day it would not run, bad spark plug. Maybe all the dirt in the lines or whatever has past thru. I swear this bikes love to mess with your mind, lol.
Oh, does it have a cable chock like the X18??

·
Registered
378 Posts
The best is Moto Seal in a tube, for an engine gaskets and covers. I also use Yamabond, its more flexible but moto seal hardens some. I use Permatex High Temp Copper Head Gasket Spray. You can get gaskets, but you need to know the engine size first to get the right ones. Its looks like a semi auto 50 or 70cc, the head gasket has to be the right size.
You have the semi auto engine, no clutch. Go to TboltUSA on line, look and or contact them about a gasket set, there Cool, done a lot of business with them. Good Luck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I would replace that plug if you have not already. On my X18 one time it started the day before, the next day it would not run, bad spark plug. Maybe all the dirt in the lines or whatever has past thru. I swear this bikes love to mess with your mind, lol.
[/QUOT
Yeap. Cable choke

·
Registered
378 Posts
Also, when you remove bolts put some Anti Seize compound on the threads, steel into alum threads, not good. I broke the heads off the front disc bolts, so be careful.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Also, when you remove bolts put some Anti Seize compound on the threads, steel into alum threads, not good. I broke the heads off the front disc bolts, so be careful.
Definitely used to that. Have to change all my bolts out on my Chinese motors for my motorized bicycles.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That cable chokes is only found on the PZ19. hard to find a larger carb with that. You can get a 22mm dirt bike carb online, but the choke lever needs to be on the right side of the bike, hard to reach the one on the left cause of wiring and stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That cable chokes is only found on the PZ19. hard to find a larger carb with that. You can get a 22mm dirt bike carb online, but the choke lever needs to be on the right side of the bike, hard to reach the one on the left cause of wiring and stuff.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That's it, you may be able to adapt that choke to a different carb, not sure what carb that would work on. If you find one make sure the choke arm is on the right, with it mounted.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts