Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be building an x-19 so figured I would start this thread.

It was a $50 dollar x19 that hopefully will get to race. Been reading a lot about x15, x18, and x19. Will hopefully do Swheels fork mod and have a progressive fifth element shock going on the rear. Will be getting some VeeRubber tires hopefully soon.

Does anyone know if i can cut of the cradle part to the frame? I see that the x18 doesn't have this. Just wondering if there is any reason for it there, or has anyone removed it with no negative effects on frame tweaking?

Thanks for reading. Hopefully get some pics of mine up soon.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Nick, welding just takes time and practice. Slow and steady wins the race. There are more than a few guys on here that can weld extremely well.

Do you have pics of your first design? I was just staring at mine tonight. Some minor mods could change the way the frame works. Possible removing that cradle making exhaust fit and removing weight. I was looking at some cross bars that confuse me on why there even in there. I have to build custom mounts for the mountain bike shock anyway. So why not hack out the weak mount? The second bar under the top backbone tube seems redundant. If it was spaced out like a ladder frame and rotated you could remove some serious weight. I am surprised no one has jumped into modding this frame. I have been hooked on Swheels', Clam's, BlitzMInc, and your Gp design.

Hoping to get this thing race ready! Want to get on a track so badly! I am finding more info everyday on these things. Just need a little help from the pros.

Thanks,
Joel

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Want help coming up with some more COOL :cool: ideas (you already have lots of them!)

Orthographic Photography <----- Orthophoto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With the right Photos, and "Helpers" with measuring tapes, we could Come up with all kinds of fun things to try!

Lets "Design" and then you can WELD IT, the best ever ASE certified AMERICAN tuned Chinese Mid-Bike!

If I "Draw" it, will you WELD? <----Field of Dreams was such a GREAT movie!

NASA.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Cut the cradle the x15/x19's chassis is very sturdy. You got a welder,well that's half the battle right there. Get your ergo's and that suspension right. I promise you'll have a heck of a trackbike.

Once you get the bike up and running. Definitely go to the Herrins track in Dublin Ga. This track will test your setup 100% as well as your skills. That track is very very tricky and even if your down on horsepower. If your setup is good enough you should be able to hang with the best of them. A fun track indeed and you will learn instantly if something not working for you.

I don't know how far you are from Dublin but your alot closer than i am(LOL) So your more better off than i am. :(

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Cut the cradle the x15/x19's chassis is very sturdy. You got a welder,well that's half the battle right there. Get your ergo's and that suspension right. I promise you'll have a heck of a trackbike.

Once you get the bike up and running. Definitely go to the Herrins track in Dublin Ga. This track will test your setup 100% as well as your skills. That track is very very tricky and even if your down on horsepower. If your setup is good enough you should be able to hang with the best of them. A fun track indeed and you will learn instantly if something not working for you.

I don't know how far you are from Dublin but your alot closer than i am(LOL) So your more better off than i am. :(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I try to read something Swheels has written down at least! once per day!!!!

Done for today, Yeah right, I'm searching through his older threads right now, trying to Steal some more of his idea's!

Nick. :p:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I try to read something Swheels has written down at least! once per day!!!!

Done for today, Yeah right, I'm searching through his older threads right now, trying to Steal some more of his idea's!

Nick. :p:thumbsup:
LOL you don't have to steal anything. I say go for it try improve up on it. Then post your results so i could try it also.LOL One big collective effort from everybody who has even sat on a mid has given me ideas.LOL:)

The only thing i think i haven't done or really talked much about was my latest front fork mod. Which i will do in another thread i don't wanna jack Flatline's thread.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
FLATLINEcustoms you gotta make some space in your pm box.Tried to respond to your pm and i couldn't. Anyway i'll text you my#.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
FLATLINEcustoms you gotta make some space in your pm box.Tried to respond to your pm and i couldn't. Anyway i'll text you my#.
Classic!

We need a wall of Fame For our users here or what?

SpyGuy, Want to Start It Up For Us? <--- NASA is a little bit "Busy" Today!

;):thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I think these may work... Swheels, where did you get your long 8mm spacers to center that wheel?
I used the spacers that came from the x6/x1 i believe they are the same.Then shimmed it with some washers to make up the difference.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
2 for 2, and on a weekend....

Thanks Swheels!

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
lol you know how i get when people start talking about racing their bikes.lol

The x6 frontwheel spacers are about 15mm long.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
flatline, hey, glad to be of any inspiration to your race asperations
id would have to give alot of credit to swheels for my progress, he told me what i needed to do to become fast
we both share what weve done to help the serious track racer
my frame is a first gen x15 and it did not have the cradle

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
flatline, hey, glad to be of any inspiration to your race asperations
id would have to give alot of credit to swheels for my progress, he told me what i needed to do to become fast
we both share what weve done to help the serious track racer
my frame is a first gen x15 and it did not have the cradle
That is interesting. Swheels was telling me about the first gen. So that short piece that ends was the first design? Also is that the only difference in first and second gen x15 - x19?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
mines a little different but i havent done it yet and its been ok cause i dont do stupid things like set an endo down too hard
but if i was gonna, id use close to the same size

1 - 20 of 27 Posts