Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm looking to get a lighter flywheel for my bike (Mototec Demon 50cc). The stock flywheel has 2 metal clips/springs on it, whereas the aftermarket one's I've found do not, I've never swapped flywheels and I don't know a great deal about it, so I apologize if this is a silly question, but I'm wondering if this aftermarket fw will work? Pictures are of the a stock FW and an aftermarket lightened fw. Thanks for your advice and opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say, go ahead and get a rocket key also.
I ordered one a while ago, but it was tiny. I've heard that these bikes need the bigger key, but I can't find a vendor that specifies if they are selling the smaller key or the larger key, they just advertise "Rocket key for 33cc 47cc 49cc pocket bike".
I'd say, go ahead and get a rocket key also.
How can I get the correct sized key? I ordered one in the past but it was tiny...and whenever I look them up online, the seller never indicates if it's the smaller key or the larger one, from what I understand, the 50cc bikes need the larger key.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Cags all use the same size key. The piston port engines may use a different size, as far as I know. My rocket key ended up being too wide to fit in my flywheel. I'm surprised you had one that was too small.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts