Pocketbike Forum banner

For the super pocket bikes

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  CAM2 
#1 ·
what does the CVT tranny look like, versus the standard, from the outside of the bike?

The internet has everything labeled as a CVT(probably to sell more).

Or do you need to take things apart to tell?

#8 ·
Pretty close......

The forward pulley has a sliding sheave with variator weights behind it that puts pressure on the belt to make the belt ride up the forward pulley to make the surface diameter larger as centrifugal force applies pressure while the spring loaded pulley in the back splits wider and gets smaller to give the most topend speeds..............

They basically trade places and sizes to make topend gains and swap back in the lower speeds for torque........

#7 ·
Thank you guys. I'm pretty sure judging from the outside, mine's the standard reduction box.

Also, my bike came with a different carb. The guy I bought it from had a pocketbikeparts receipt for a "HP" carb. It has a green bubble that he pushed a few times before starting the bike. Perhaps a picture would help? Was just wondering whether I should keep or replace.

#13 ·
Not at all! If that was how I asked for help, I'd be acting so rude! I posted and then eeeeked at my wording, it sounded like I was demanding pics haha. So my bad! I'll pull off the fairings and take some pictures for comparisons to what you posted :)

#14 · (Edited)
LOL.......Id wouldnt think of you being rude or demanding when I didnt read right besides I dont mind helping out........Its all good though;-no harm no foul...lol.......When you post your pics we can see if the guy was genuine or the kind who likes fooling people just to make a sale.

Post em up when you can Batvamp....no pressure.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.