Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already bought some performance parts for one and plan on keeping the other standard. Even managed to find a "fatty" exhaust. Got em both for about 拢400.

Apparently was sitting in a container with 3 others for more than 5 years 馃し
I wonder if there's a way to make it watercooled? (??)

Attachments

Super Moderator
Parts are extremely scarce for those things you definitely are going to need one for parts lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parts are extremely scarce for those things you definitely are going to need one for parts lol
I'll definitely keep that in mind , already realised tires are a no go unless i get them custom made :rolleyes:

Ill be sure to post progress pics, do you think i should keep panels original or spray em something modern ?

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
Definitely keep them original. They are mint!
Only the body panels and tires are scarce. Everything else is easy to come by.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T
Am i missing anything parts wise ?

New heavy duty chain (i forget what size but it apparently fits an x1, x2 etc.)
New battery NGK spark plug
Chain remover
Performance airfilter with velocity stack
Performance carb
Performance heavy duty clutch
And i have a rocket key and performance fatty exhaust.

I'm not sure what else I can do to get it to go faster apart from maybe having the flywheel copied and machined out of aluminium or titanium (it's a ridiculously small and cheap part to make) and or aluminium rims.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably fuel line and filter considering it sat for a long time.
Great idea, this is going to sound stupid.. but.. does the x1 have.. jets ?? I just can't seem to find anything regarding it. I'm not THAT familiar with engines but i remember a friend telling me you have to change the jets when fitting a new airfilter/ carb ?

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
Exactly, the pumper carburetors that you have on there have adjustments. You'll have to see if yours has a top adjustment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts