Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey could you guys give me a list of all mods that you can do to increase speed at home without buying parts? Ive already tuned my carb.

·
Registered
866 Posts
port and polish?
run with no electricals...weight reduckshun
make sure your brakes arent rubbin...

thats all i can think of

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iDR07 said:
port and polish?
run with no electricals...weight reduckshun
make sure your brakes arent rubbin...

thats all i can think of
K. How do i port and polish? Sorry, 1/2 n00b lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
ypu might now want to try to port & polish yourself if you dont know what it is. Blindy removing material from the ports can result in power loss especially if you never done it before.

As far as free mods, you can also adjust your plug gap, check the drag on your breaks so your wheels spin freely, adjust the carb's airfuel mix and balance out your tires (tend to be kinda wobbly from the factory)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sesshoumaru562 said:
ypu might now want to try to port & polish yourself if you dont know what it is. Blindy removing material from the ports can result in power loss especially if you never done it before.

As far as free mods, you can also adjust your plug gap, check the drag on your breaks so your wheels spin freely, adjust the carb's airfuel mix and balance out your tires (tend to be kinda wobbly from the factory)
Cool ill do that :p. Just how do I adjust the plug gap...lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok man just leave the bike alone lol, no realy just remove the plug, get a gap tool from autozone pepboys who ever, and check what the stock gap it, it should be .025

·
Registered
16 Posts
Remove the muffler, cut it open and remove any baffling in there. Weld it back up. Open up all the restrictions in your air intake, such as baffles in your air filter, etc. Then retune the carb.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Se7en said:
ok man just leave the bike alone lol, no realy just remove the plug, get a gap tool from autozone pepboys who ever, and check what the stock gap it, it should be .025
Lol, i can do alot of the work w/ these bikes but not the basics lol :D. Oh, Q if you arent trying to make fun of me lol, I dont have a welding torch.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are there any sites that have instructions on how to port and polish? I have an old 37cc motor lying around that i may try it on. I also read that using high octane gas helps w/ preformance, is this true?

·
Registered
14 Posts
These are basically lawnmower engines. I doubt if a higher octane rating will really increase performance on a basically stock motor.

KillJoy

·
Registered
20 Posts
beg to differ on the gas, poor methanol in it. it will run like a beast until it blows.

the difference between 87-93 octane is not noticible, but the difference between 87 and 130 should be

·
Registered
18 Posts
advance timing (old fasioned way), Increse compression, spark plug mod, Bore your exhaust,lighten fly wheel, mod your filter. Make a vtube and super cooler (cost 10 bux at home depot! e-mail me for step by step instructions [email protected] i love to help

·
Registered
541 Posts
High octane gas prevents detonation and pinging,it actually makes less power.You can pull the cover off your stock airbox,and bolt it back together with some washers to take up the slack of the cover being gone and get more airflow,my buddie picked up a couple mph doing this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SSJDemon said:
Lol, i can do alot of the work w/ these bikes but not the basics lol :D. Oh, Q if you arent trying to make fun of me lol, I dont have a welding torch.
Not at all. You can find someone with a wire feed. Works great

1 - 20 of 26 Posts