Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well lets get to the story part, because every crasftsman should have a story to his project. about a month ago i traded a broken 42 inch lcd for a 110cc x15. we talked and sorted out a deal i had to drive and hour and a half to get to this guy. he said if i did, he would give me the bike, and extra engine and some oil. so i get there and its in horrid shape, was missing the exhaust/battery/battery&gas tank plastic. but in the end i got the better deal since the tv has seen its days.

ok lets get to the builld:

i tore the whole bike apart (parts everywhere lol)

im gonna post by picture once they finish uploading. till than...

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Nice bike. :) Pick us posted on details of the bike. I working on a x18 and a x1 right now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well im obviously done the build now but im gonna post up pictures anyways. here's some pictures of me and my buddy nick tearing the whole bike apart and cleaning EVERYTHING.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the coil used to be black from over spray. so i hit it with a wire wheel and some goo gone. looks brand freaking new. also wire wheel'd the calipers and shiz.

primed and painted hammer'd metal by krylon

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
the frame is looking great.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
bent my intake valve. took me like 2 and a half days to fix it. now i gotta make sure the timings right.
Youre asking for trouble if you dont upgrade the valvesprings...Valve float is what bent the valve and a weak spring is the culprit.......Its best to use Genuine Honda valvesprings..Also do the homemade headbreather mod..Itll help cut down the heat that stays trapped in the head and keep the valvesprings alot cooler which keeps them precise

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Youre asking for trouble if you dont upgrade the valvesprings...Valve float is what bent the valve and a weak spring is the culprit.......Its best to use Genuine Honda valvesprings..Also do the homemade headbreather mod..Itll help cut down the heat that stays trapped in the head and keep the valvesprings alot cooler which keeps them precise
you obviously didnt read my post. i made a make-shift throttle cable end. it fell off got sucked in bent the valve. i fix it though. used a torch some valve grinding compound and a lot of TLC

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Ive used that valve compound stuff lots of times. Works good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive used that valve compound stuff lots of times. Works good.

yea i completely fixed the valve leak, and the bike runs like a champ. im glad i took the time to be a craftsman.

side note: i just bought another x15 of off craigslist haha, im gonna be pretty busy this week. im planning on selling this one in the future

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the body work is different, the rest is pretty much the same, the 15 didnt come with all the lights only a headlight

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I'm pretty sure they he ddiffernt swing arms, the frame might be the same, but the x1i has all the accessories, and more chineese wirring .
The X19 and 15 swingarms are exactly the same....Like Blitz said only diffs are the lighting/bodykits and exhaust pipes.........

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
those are some hella clean bikes my dude. and i see a plate.. can i make mine legal to drive?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUESTION: when im punching it on my x15 it loves to pop out at 3rd. what could be the main reason? shyt i'll take the whole engine apart again idc

1 - 20 of 46 Posts