Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I joined a few days ago right after the purchase of my x19. I was never into pocket bikes but was driving home the other day after work and saw a pocket bike on the side of the road with a for sale sign. I was instantly intrigued since it was larger than other pocket bikes I have seen so I stopped to check it out. Never seen anything like it. The owner came out and told me it needed work/ didn't run but wanted $100. I figure it was worth that much in parts even if the engine was shot shot I bought it. It's a 2007 and was surprised to find a VIN# on it.

Brought it home, found out it was missing the starter and the mounting spot for it was broken along with part of the stator covermarcelo. I panicked for a minute but came up with the bight Idea to make a new bracket for the starter. Ordered a new starter off ebay came up with a way to mount it and also bought a new battery from walmart for it. The fuel line was cracked so I replaced it along with the filter. I learned how to clean the carb since the jets were clogged and was causing the bike to shut off with the choke open (thanks guys for the tips), also learned how to tune it. Additional, while I had the carb out I did the restrictor block removal mod. First time I rode it it was vibrating like crazy, so I brought it back to the garage for further inspection :confused:. Found out the motor mount bolts were broken so i upgraded to grade 8 bolts. I took it out for a run down the street yesterday anf hit 45mph with out prolems or hesitation.....and it was asking for more. My next few tasks will be: oil change, new spark plug, and new conical filter.

Future mods: performance CDI, Upgraded coil and wire, tach, better tires, 22mm carb, upgrade to 1/4 inch fuel line exhaust, and a paint job. (the fairings are cracked and scratched) I have some white paint left over from painting a toyota truck that will be goin on the bike after I fiberglass the cracked fairings and I will be painting the frame matte black. Also looking for someone parting out one of these motors so I can buy the half crank case where the starter mounts on to from them, as well as the stator cover (my bracket is temp.

Here it is the day I brought it home, currently running fairing less/ street fighter look.

comments? ideas? suggestions?

Also thinking of either a big bore kit in the future after I get used to riding it. Has anyone ever turbo'd one of these?

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Nice ride, good score.

Welcome to the forums, you're gonna like it here .....

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
What part of the Bay Area do you live in, used to live in San Jose, now I'm 70 miles north of San Francisco near the Russian River.
Sounds like you got a handle on this stuff, get use to it, and don't put to much money into it,lol. Here is my X18, they are Super Pocket Bikes.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
What part of the Bay Area do you live in, use to live in San Jose, now I'm 70 miles north of San Francisco near the Russian River.
Sounds like you got a handle on this stuff, get use to it, and don't put to much money into it,lol. Here is my X18, they are Super Pocket Bikes.
I got you now EPR!

Check it out guys, I found him, I'm hiding in the Bushes with some eggs waiting for him to come outside!

Did you know that NASA is friends with the C.I.A. !!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.Thanks for the warm welcome, I live in Morgan hill, 25 miles south of san jose. Currently looking for a place to ride this thing lol

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
.Thanks for the warm welcome, I live in Morgan hill, 25 miles south of san jose. Currently looking for a place to ride this thing lol
I'm hanging out in Escondido (CA) close to 92111 <----Try to find me EPR! :p

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Morgan hill ... wow, been a long time since I was down that way. I used to live in RWC before I moved to Arizona.

I would suggest trying to find large parking lots in industrial areas where you could go on weekends (because nobody's working on the weekends there, right?) Be sure you ask the owner's permission, and show him/her that you're willing to be responsible for riding there - proper safety equipment, picking up after yourself, and so on. Having several of you guys together would make things even more fun - I know there's some riders down in San Jose.

And don't mind Nick up there too much, he's just been really happy lately .... NASA? Needed: Another Seven Astronauts? Now Accepting Several Applications? Not A Smart A$$ ....? :p

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Everyone likes someone who is smart, everyone likes a little .... Oh,wait, this is a family forum ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts