Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of someone knowledgeable about 49cc pocket bike front ends.I have a project (powered paragliding trike almost exactly like my friends pictured) that I will be utilizing a pocket bike front end for. I will be using a different wheel than comes on the bike. Can someone tell me the distance between the forks on the lower end. I am also looking for a front end without handlebars or wheel. Fork tubes have to be 1 inch (25mm) as I will be replacing the stock tubes with 6061 aircraft grade tubing. Thanks
would be valuable aluminum sleeve that flattens for axle bolt,

·
Registered
410 Posts
He said he will replace the tubes with aluminum aircraft grade. But I would check eBay or Amazon. I don't know the distance of hand if I get a chance to look at my bike I can. But there are plenty of triple trees and forks on ebay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definitely would not use pocket bike forks for that!!!
He said he will replace the tubes with aluminum aircraft grade. But I would check eBay or Amazon. I don't know the distance of hand if I get a chance to look at my bike I can. But there are plenty of triple trees and forks on ebay
This entire setup will weigh 85 lbs with motor.A paraglider enables flight so other than rolling 100 ft for takeoff and landing it will not be stressed like a recreational vehicle. The back axle takes the stress of landing and is 7075 aircraft bar in a 1 inch. There are some models using lighter wheels like tricycle. I will be using ultralight aircraft wheels stressed for more than 500 lbs..

·
Registered
542 Posts
You should not use any of the Chinese triple tree, they are all made from cast aluminum and are breaking when you look on them. I can recommend you some cnc triple tree from dm, GRC or something like this. They are available for 25mm and 28mm fork tubes. For example I'll add you a Pic of a dm triple tree.
IMG_20210409_181659.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
It sounds like most of his parts are going to be better than even what you could provide. He's using it for a template

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think I know what I do and what I can offer. He's not the first guy who wants a triple tree. I did this on from 7075 aluminum for a guy in the USA.
IMG_20180119_145526.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should not use any of the Chinese triple tree, they are all made from cast aluminum and are breaking when you look on them. I can recommend you some cnc triple tree from dm, GRC or something like this. They are available for 25mm and 28mm fork tubes. For example I'll add you a Pic of a dm triple tree. View attachment 159765
Those are certainly better. The distance between tubes should be good 12 cm = about 4.7 inches, my wheel is just over 3 at the outer bearing and 4 with tire. Would these break the bank (expensive)? Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well that's better. Considering he was looking for a 7075.
It's not the parts that will kill your budget so much as the shipping from Europe

·
Registered
542 Posts
Those are certainly better. The distance between tubes should be good 12 cm = about 4.7 inches, my wheel is just over 3 at the outer bearing and 4 with tire. Would these break the bank (expensive)? Thanks for the reply
The pair cost 25€ and the shipping too. That's the biggest problem.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The thing is too low for forks with springs, have to make something the springs and stuff are above the top triple clamp. I would, try to find some light fatty rims & tires w/ air pressure and run 10 to 15lbs, you could do all three wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts