Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I recently got into pb's and I had a friend drop off some old school chainsaws one was a 1963 homelite 91 cc chainsaw motor I stripped all un needed parts off oiler duel tank chain sprocket etc I got engine fitted perfect like a glove but I'm wondering does anyone know of any hp mods I can do to this motor carbs v stacks etc. Any help is greatly appreciatted thank u

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
ok so I recently got into pb's and I had a friend drop off some old school chainsaws one was a 1963 homelite 91 cc chainsaw motor I stripped all un needed parts off oiler duel tank chain sprocket etc I got engine fitted perfect like a glove but I'm wondering does anyone know of any hp mods I can do to this motor carbs v stacks etc. Any help is greatly appreciatted thank u
There are plenty of mods like carb reeds piston lightening,,crank stuffing etc..................You can view them in old school ultra vintage race karts from the 50's/60's and early 70's............''

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/423c3d6bede1baed88256b7c0018599d?OpenDocument

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u for the link and info I am having trouble finding any arts besides stock is there any sites u know of that have the hp parts for this saw

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
thank u for the link and info I am having trouble finding any arts besides stock is there any sites u know of that have the hp parts for this saw

HP parts as in off the shelf??????????//Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha....Dude youre serious?????...I hope not..............You might want to learn the history behind karting first before asking that again although it did give me entertainment for the day................The only thing off the shelf maybe reed petals and a carb and youll need to research what swaps in from something else to buy them.............

With vintage kart engines you take stock parts and machine them to gain performance aswell as fabricate/manufacture their own parts as most were machinists,, mechanics,, aerospace techs,, etc who pioneered the mods and the perf work done to chainsaw engines...

You need to put out want ads in the vintage karting classifieds and hope somebody responds back as most are dead and the rest are dieing..

Good luck...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some time back I had put a yamaha kt100 engine on a fs509, it worked great. I always wanted to put a chainsaw engine on one but never figured out how to hold it down. Only until I put a husquavarna rancher 460 on a standup go ped. That thing ripped! If you like two strokes, a kt100 will open your eyes on a fs509. Its 15 hp stock at 10,000rpms. Plenty of balls and hella fast for a 100cc engine. I mean 15hp out of 100cc. Doesn't get much better. I have an extra one for sale if your interested...and its mildly built by power works.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Definitely think about upgrading to hydraulic brakes before building your deathtrap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I havent upgraded to hudralic brakes. I ride this thing daily at least 20 miles daily around town. I love that fact tbat its reliable and fast, but best of all, all the cops in town know its me and i never get harrassed or stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts