Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on here a while back bout a 32:1 mix and it barley runs whats a good mix for this altitude in Colorado?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
i read on here a while back bout a 32:1 mix and it barley runs whats a good mix for this altitude in Colorado?
what is "This" altitude? and what jetting are you running, because fuel to oil ratio @ 32:1 sounds good, but depending on what "Main Jet" you are running the "Air to Fuel" ratio might be a little off based on your "High" elevation.

Nick.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
He is a mile high, Nick, thinner air, smaller jet??, may need to retard your timing a hair also.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
dang EPR, nice call, what do you think degree wise for the timing? -10 ?

Like a rocket key in backwards? oh yes I just did mention installing it backwards, and no that was not a typo!

Just a silly "Guess" heheh. Air weighs lots, and gets THIN when you get up there too high, just move down here to California! the jetting will magically be better!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cali is a lil too far and i love my mnts so ill try and get it right up here my boss runs his a 60:1 i think its a good idea with that one i spit oil like there no tomorrow so imma try and mix a lil lighter on the oil

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
I run 40:1 here in Colorado. What part are you in? Im betting its just you mixture screw that needs adjusted Try resetting it 2 3/4 To 2 7/8 turns out. May need to clean your fuel system too.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
StrayDawg, he can help you foresure. On cars with a distributor when high up they would back it off a couple degrees.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yup, EFI and spark systems do it to this day, and what about the turbo's on the diesel's EPR, they have something called an anoriod (spelling) to adjust the boost / compression and obviously the fuel timing.

Variable Vane Geometry (VVG) turbos are COOL! :cool:

I know a couple "Things" about engines too. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts