Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to fix a leaky fuel tank ,what is a pressurized tank and where can i get one????

·
Registered
63 Posts
well you can buy new for $5 bucks so it wouldnt really be all that nesisarry to fix it. and a pressurized tank is a home mod pretty much. so in other words you cant buy one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can use 5-min epoxy on it since the tank is plastic... just make sure you sand the area around the leak so the epoxy has something to stick to...

mr36st said:
whats the best way to fix a leaky fuel tank ,what is a pressurized tank and where can i get one????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just one question: Why would you want to pressurize the tank? Isn't it better to just let gravity feed the carb? You don't need high pressures for a carb setup. What's the performance aspect of it? TIA!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried a 2 part epoxy on the sanded surface and it still didn't want to hold. I'm guessing the outlet broke off. Best to probably thread a new plastic outlet in there and seal it with a gas proof sealant or just get a new one for about the same price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the input,i decided to try to fix it ,went to auto zone and bought this black putty that is used for gas tanks and radiators and it worked good and it was cheap only 2.99

1 - 6 of 6 Posts