Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Yes if you weld on some lower body mounts and an extra upper to keep it secure...................

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the reply. I'm new to this but I love these things already. I'm bringing a Daytona back to life, needs a clutch and a carb bowl gasket but it looks like it's gonna get a new carb. Can't find just the gasket but a new carb is 15 bux. I'm milling cooling slots in the clutch bell. The old clutch broke a spring and the pivot pins all loosened up allowing the shoes to make contact with the engine case thus chewing up the friction material. Is that a common problem?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
A gasket is $4 to $6 dollars just get a new carb and you will have parts, you can do the petcock mod on the old carb and put it on the new carb.
PBP has a Store too, thru Amazon.com, got some decent deals there too. Plus it helps keep PBP up and running.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Clutch springs breaking is normal ... the pivot pins loosening is not. Sounds like they weren't tightened down enough at the factory (not unusual, given the quality of the bikes.) Not to worry, reasonably easy fix ...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, its happened to me sound bad don't it. I break springs all the time. Take the springs off if you can tighten the clutch bolts w/ a 14mm wrench and put the springs back on, which is a Pain. If all the parts are still usable. We all put on racing springs, so the engine revs more before your clutches engage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts