Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I sprayed around the intake and the exhaust changed colors, and since the engine was choked so it didn't blast across the freakin' garage and break something else, the rev "may" have changed, but not by much.

I also checked the through the intake for the cylinder position and there is no slot visible. The throttle seems to cycle it very nicely with no twisting of the cyinder.

I like the idea about the washers, or maybe grinding a little off the bolts from stoping the bolts bottoming out on the reed plate.

In any case, it's going to sit until I have everything I need to do this in one sitting. I worked on this ******* thing for 6 hours Saturday and part of Sunday and by that time, the entire bike was about to go airborne from aggravation...

I'll post pics when it's together.

· Registered
340 Posts
Okay no problem, go ahead and post up some pictures when you get it back together. Make sure to take pictures of how you put in the throttle black cylinder, spring, needle and cable. I guess it could be possible you put the black cylinder in upside down, but I am not sure if it would even fit that way.

Also take a picture of the intake and gaskets if possible.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Found the issue...wow....

Where I tapped the 1/8 npt fitting, there was a slight waviness in the intake adapter. I took a file and filed it smooth to take the small wave out. After putting it back together, it ran awrsome...It's unbelieveable that this small imperfection will totally mess up a 2 stroke. Wow !

· Registered
38 Posts
My bike is having this problem it's reving full speed and it's pulled me a few feet and cut me a up a few times this thing is gonna kill someone if I can't fix it I'm a super noob so can you guys please tell me what to do? my bike ran fine (06 x19 full auto) in the morning then after 15 mins the throttle just freaked out it would go very slow with a little pull of the throttle then it would jerk me like crazy as the throttle cut in and out then finally just die out after pulling the throttle... what could have happened while I was riding? The only way I can stop the reving is to completely de connect my stator/magneto which I just switched the other day ( the day this happened ) but the bike ran fine no problems I know it's a stupid fix and I wanna ride what should I do?

· Banned
23,453 Posts
Your carb could have an internal problem you can't even see. When the engine heats up things exspand, and it sures sound like something is warping when the engine is hot, like the intake manifold, head, or behind the carb.
There is a black plastic isolator, between the carb and upper intake manifold mount. The carb has a rubber O ring, the plastic has an O ring.
Isolator O ring to the intake manifold, carb O ring to the black smooth part of the iso. If the black piece is backwards, that could definatly leak after the engine is hot.
I have an X18 four speed manual. Had trouble w/ the stock 19mm and the 26mm Mikuni carb and modded 24mm manifold, could not make that work either. Got a 22mm Honda ATV 110cc 4 stroke carb for $24.95 to my door on Ebay, put it on and it ran real good.

· Registered
38 Posts
I want to just get a new carb this should Dix the problem most likely right? also what kind of carb should I get and what size I ordered a 22mm mikuni but it was out of stock and withdrew the order because I want to get the right intake with it

· Registered
1 Posts
LOL one word: Backwards. Go to the top of your carburetor and take out the little black cylinder and the long groove should be on the opposite side of the idle screw. If the long groove is on the side with the idle screw it'll act as if it's in full throttle. Or if you did not put the black cylinder in all the way it will act as if it is in mid to full throttle as well. Check both of those things!
Your were 100% correct about this fix. I took the black cylinder out and put it back on the opposite side of the idle screw. It’s working now like it should. Thank you.

· Registered
1 Posts
10-4, I am "pretty sure" that this is not the case, but I'll check it again and let you know.

Thanks
This fix worked on my 110 cc made in China kid's quad. Replaced the carb and put the slide in backwards. Nearly blasted the thing through the garage door. Twice. Thanks for the tip patthehat033! Would have never figured that out. Runs like a champ now.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts