Pocketbike Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I just buy SKF bearings. Budget or not, I don't waste my time on a rebuild with stock bearings. If the engine is new, run them as is. They don't feel gritty. And you don't use a wheel polish on bearings. At least I would not.
It's just a life hack to get new china bearings to feel halfway decent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So as a budget build you are experimenting?
I'm all about for experimenting. But maybe you should explain that first.
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
So you can drill the crank counter balance and add tungsten to make the crankshaft counterbalance heavier improving the balance factor

Or

you can drill the flywheel and add the same weight that you would have added to the crankshaft counterbalance as long as it's in the same spot as where you would drill the crankshaft counterbalance it will improve the balance factor since the flywheel is directly bolted to the crankshaft.

Now I do agree because the weight is added off to one side and not over center of the crankshaft counterbalance that it would induce a vibration but the RC boat guys have said that because the weight is added so close to the inside center of the flywheel that it will actually improve the balance of the engine.

I don't know personally this is the first time I've tried it but aluminum being so easy to drill and tap it didn't take me long to do and if it does work it would be a easy way for members to be able to improve the balance factor of their engine

If it does not work I will report my findings.
Okay understandable. But now you just added more weight to the crankshaft after you just lightened the piston.
Well I guess you'll let us know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes I did lighten the piston and I also lightened the wrist pin to minimize the weight that I needed to add to get a decent balance factor

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'm going to bump up starting the new engine from this weekend to today looks like I missed the picture of installing the rocket key I have one job today and after that I'll get this thing in my test bike mix up a fresh batch of octane boosted ethanol free fuel and see if I can get this thing to go 😃

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wish I could get ethanol free out of the pump. Although my pump premium is 93 octane, and I can get premix Sunoco ethanol free 95 octane in the can.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
We are really lucky over here in northern Idaho to be able to get the ethanol free fuel 😁

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It runs good and feals really strong I need to fix that mount finish the break in then take it for a ride the throttle response is amazingly stellar

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Your right I'll swap it out tomorrow and see what happens

I have a dt-2234c laser tach and one that goes on the plug wire as well that I can hook up

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
This has been a fun thread to follow. I need to try some of this stuff sometime. Hey MrKitty what part of Northern Idaho are you? I'm from Boise currently living in the seattle area, But I have family over by Kellog

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.