Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
someone in my town is selling a G2 for cheap and claims to have never started the engine, as in new , just surface rust..
I am having a lot of trouble finding info on this bike and engine like the max rpm and horsepower. Anyone got that info or more?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,072 Posts
In my quick opinion, I would buy it if it's cheap. Clean it up, get it running, you could always have fun with it for a while and sell it later. I will check on specs. Not much out there in the way of non-chinese pocket bikes. I buy up the non-chinese bikes when I can find them locally

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my quick opinion, I would buy it if it's cheap. Clean it up, get it running, you could always have fun with it for a while and sell it later. I will check on specs. Not much out there in the way of non-chinese pocket bikes. I buy up the non-chinese bikes when I can find them locally
Its a china , if it was the real deal i would not hesitate but ive heard horror stories on the gp3 replicas , leaking from everything from the get go,

·
Registered
597 Posts
Its a china , if it was the real deal i would not hesitate but ive heard horror stories on the gp3 replicas , leaking from everything from the get go,
The gp3 replica engine is really a horrible thing and when you want to change the engine to a normal Polini, BZM or something like that you must change the complete chain and breaksetup because the gp3 is right wheel driven.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got one of these. I picked it up for $125 from a dude here in Colorado. You can find the polini clutches that will fit and work with it. BUT I must warn that finding any other part is slim to none. Im sure your engine has the (SQ) mark on it as well as the triple trees + handle bars. The engine pumps to 15k rpm.

Unfortunately mine came with a very leaky radiator. And a cracked piston case. I threw some JB weld on the crack worked fine. Still does. I cant find a replacement radiator or piston case though, the closest thing to match the radiator is a polini one you can find on eBay for about $98. Im skeptical about buying it. And the clutch will cost you around $45 to $100 depending on who you're buying it from. ALSO the little rubber garmet holding your carburetor will eventually fail or deteriorate which i still have not found a replacement. Also if you want to remove your clutch you will have to turn it counter clockwise to tighten and clockwise to loosen. Its backwards.

My frame is in perfect condition and since I've stripped the bike of the parts and made a fraken bike, but it all works out well in the end :) I'd buy it for the larger forks and the potential to fix it up in the future.

Good luck with your hunt!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Shoe Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice, sweet bike. Exactly, with these bikes you need to hot rod it. Or as you said, frankin bike. Find other parts that will work, and when you do, let people know what you found that fits and functions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got one of these. I picked it up for $125 from a dude here in Colorado. You can find the polini clutches that will fit and work with it. BUT I must warn that finding any other part is slim to none. Im sure your engine has the (SQ) mark on it as well as the triple trees + handle bars. The engine pumps to 15k rpm.

Unfortunately mine came with a very leaky radiator. And a cracked piston case. I threw some JB weld on the crack worked fine. Still does. I cant find a replacement radiator or piston case though, the closest thing to match the radiator is a polini one you can find on eBay for about $98. Im skeptical about buying it. And the clutch will cost you around $45 to $100 depending on who you're buying it from. ALSO the little rubber garmet holding your carburetor will eventually fail or deteriorate which i still have not found a replacement. Also if you want to remove your clutch you will have to turn it counter clockwise to tighten and clockwise to loosen. Its backwards.

My frame is in perfect condition and since I've stripped the bike of the parts and made a fraken bike, but it all works out well in the end :) I'd buy it for the larger forks and the potential to fix it up in the future.

Good luck with your hunt! View attachment 161138
View attachment 161139
View attachment 161137
That bike in your pics is a regular cag?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, sweet bike. Exactly, with these bikes you need to hot rod it. Or as you said, frankin bike. Find other parts that will work, and when you do, let people know what you found that fits and functions.
I dont know if there are many parts your can slap on a gp3 unless it was designed to go there

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I hear ya. But I have done more than my share of swapping random parts on pocket bikes, chain saws, lawn mowers etc. Nothing was designed to fit but they either did sorta easy or with some work. Measure stuff out, I bet there is a top end that will fit. And other parts.
Thats what car guys did in the 50's and 60's

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bike in the photo is a MTA2 frame. But with the G2 front forks and rear brake + front brake, swapped tires/rims because the rear tire rim is the same size as the front tire rim. So thats why its not on. The rear rim from the G2 wouldn't fit the MTA2 style frame.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The bike in the photo is a MTA2 frame. But with the G2 front forks and rear brake + front brake, swapped tires/rims because the rear tire rim is the same size as the front tire rim. So thats why its not on. The rear rim from the G2 wouldn't fit the MTA2 style frame.
Yeah I got it. Like what you did. Frankin style that g2 motor!!! Lets see what you can do. Get it back on the road.
I never give up on any projects. They might take many years to sort out with differentor original parts, but worth the satisfaction in the end when it is running and back on the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So here's what I'm working with, im currently waiting on a new polini radiator and the new polini clutch shoes. But here's my current build. Check out the piston casing and luckly for me no crack in the piston chamber, threw some JB weld on the outside of the case due to being cracked and leaking water. Should be a good fix??? Held up really well when I was running the motor.

Honestly can't wait to have it running again! CHEERS! Will post more photos later in the month or so when I receive said parts. But check it out!
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts