Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I see some people putting a tube coming out of their gas cap, and some not? What is the actual benefit from this? My gas cap is vented already and works just fine.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It's a vent so vacuum don't build up in the tank and stop the fuel from flowing. Its a gravity system, while Walbros pump there fuel out of the tank. The stock black plastic gas caps with a tiny hole don't work very well. On my avatar bike the line to the cap is the return fuel line from the Walbro 603.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the way ive done this in the past (different from how others might go about doing this) is drilled a hole in the center of the cap and threaded in a male hose fitting and then ran the hose that attaches to the fitting wherever I wanted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i run mine thru bar hole on left - straight down couple inch to like a square hole on the frame i bend it thru. ill take a pic sometime - theres a tophat shape nipple ya pop off and drill then i just drilled str8 thru and put the hat piece back. mine does work

all mine cost me was 5 minutes of picking a color of aqarium hose, drilling like someone suggested in a searched for thread (hint hint), and praying that it would work.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On my Cags I use a Brake bleeder valve, drill and thread the cap to match the threads screw it in and mod the inside rubber piece with a center hole to clear the end of the valve.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have both a Metric and SAE tap and die set, there are alot of different sizes valves and threads sizes. The hole has to be alittle smaller then the OD of the tap so you can cut threads into it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Herm, I have no tap and die set anymore, I think my brother took it and no longer has it. Maybe I will drill a hole and run to Autozone where my brother works and use it there.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
They will have metric taps there for sure, make sure you use the right drill before you tap. My brake fitting was $2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.