Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after I long time whidout using my Coleman minibike, I've noticed that my Coleman mini bike started to go slow, I thought that my bike was running out of gas, so I let it sit and after like 2 months I filled it with gas and once I opened the gas valve I saw that has was leaking behind the carburator.

Does anyone know what cause this problem and how to solve i
received_906594373219020_exported_3133~2.jpg
received_913399382847890_exported_2066~2.jpg
received_913399382847890_exported_5566~3.jpg
t?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would pull your carburetor off and replace the that gasket. And make sure there isn't anything interfering or dirty

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would replace the intake gasket also. Spray something, carb cleaner or... at the area that leaks with ir running if the engine speeds up you have a vaccum leak behind the carb somwhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did that and now it's ok is not leaking no more, but the bike won't start, it nearly started 2 times but even if I kept trying is not starting

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can't see the carb that well, its blurry and to close, The spray probably expanded the gasket that is leaking, and now that its dry, so it won't start, welcome to Mini Bike and Pocket Bike problems. The leak robs flow of the carb so it can't draw fuel up the main jet, or the jet is clog with goop. Looks like a carb my friend has on his B&S log splitter. You need to remove every thing up to the intake port. The gas all kinds of additives that goop up as the bowl goes dry. Cleaner is not enough, you need a wire to cleaner, I use my gas welder tip cleaner files set. If you search eBay, under Briggs & Stratton carbs you can probably find a Clone carb for $18, most come with gaskets.
Here is how you tell, put gas down the carb and pull the rope, if it starts or trys to start you have a fuel delivery problem of some kind, my guess is the jets.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
The float is stuck open and that's why it is doing that now that you fixed the vacuum leak it's not able to suck air from behind the carburetor and run with the float stuck open

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did you have float problems in a previous life?
You always assume it’s a flow problem. I’ve dealt with many minibikes and I’ve never ever had a float problem.
We need some info, how old is the engine, how long does it sit,Etc.
Spray through the carburetor (air filter off) with something highly flammable like a silicone or carb cleaner.Just make sure it actually says it’s flammable. Been there.
Spray it through the carburetor, if it fires up for a little bit it’s a fuel problem. If it doesn’t fire, then spray it in the spark plug hole and if it fires there’s a problem between the carburetor and the cylinder

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is no main jet just a small brass tube, the air thru the carb sucks air up the tube, when the tube gets crap in it, it no run. I would look for a clone carb like I said. I had to clean the tube in my friends log splitter engine, full of stuff. Now it runs great again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts