Pocketbike Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: excessive gas leaking out bottom...not sure what the part is called at bottom of

You can get these 1/4" valves at any small engine shop for @ $6.00.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: excessive gas leaking out bottom...not sure what the part is called at bottom of

yea this really helped alot IamCornholio i defiantly want to do this i dont want to have to fix the carberator later on. does it even matter if i leave the gase valve on and never turn it off with out adding another vavle to it or will it be bad for the engine or something

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

Thats how I use our 'unmolested' valve... I don't use it... :)

IamCornholio

·
Registered
15 Posts

im picking up the supplies as we speak so i can do everything in one shot im gonna mod the fuel shut off valve, picked up the jb weld for that and gonna pick up a drill bit anyone know off hand what size drill bit im gonna need if not no biggie i ll figure it out..heading to a small engine shop probably thursday to get a inline shut off...and on top of all that my pipe and reed should be here by friday so i should be cruisin nice by the weekend....guys ive only had my bike for about 2 months and im hooked lol...im havin more fun workin on this then i did with my older cars haha...my friends think i look like an *** riding it (beings that im 6'2 240 lbs on a small bike lol) but i dont care they dont know what there missing lol...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

im picking up the supplies as we speak so i can do everything in one shot im gonna mod the fuel shut off valve, picked up the jb weld for that and gonna pick up a drill bit anyone know off hand what size drill bit im gonna need if not no biggie i ll figure it out..heading to a small engine shop probably thursday to get a inline shut off...and on top of all that my pipe and reed should be here by friday so i should be cruisin nice by the weekend....guys ive only had my bike for about 2 months and im hooked lol...im havin more fun workin on this then i did with my older cars haha...my friends think i look like an *** riding it (beings that im 6'2 240 lbs on a small bike lol) but i dont care they dont know what there missing lol...
lol...I think working on them is where most of the joy comes from. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

It's about the same size bit as the hole in the bottom of the valve. :)

Look at the bottom of the valve before you get the bit. Notice the flat place where the o-ring sits (look at the valve not the carb). If you hog the hole out too big the o-ring will have nothing to sit on and you will be using lots of sealer and crossing your fingers. :cool:

Post up some pics of your work when you get it knocked out friend!

IamCornholio

·
Registered
37 Posts

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1011.html

is this the type i would need to cut off the fuel?

i have a gp mx3 so do you guys suggest this one will work and how do i install it is it easy? like do i jsut rip off the fuel line connection and plug it into that and then plug it into the caborator from the fuel cut off or do i need to buy more tube ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
leaking gas. can someone help?

the line underneath the carb is leaking gas, alot of gas.
can someone very detail fully describe what im supposed to do to fix it?
if you could may add some pics that would be great.
i apreciate any help i can get. thanks
by the way its a 49cc, i dont know what model tho. sorry

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: leaking gas. can someone help?

Nissandude... :cool:

Your advice is good and I refuse to 'goof' on you in any way friend. Can I simply offer to give you an old keyboard that I have? You pay the shipping and it is yours for free friend. Senf me a PM if you want it and I'll get it to ya ASAP bro! :):thumbsup:

anticrime... Nissandude gave you good advice IMO. If nobody else helps you out with a pic of the stock carb float assembly by tonight, I will put a few up for you friend... I gotta head to work now and time is short for me... Rock on bro! :D

IamCornholio

·
Registered
55 Posts

anthor problem with these bike is the needle sticks because in my mind there to small and if its anything like mine its got burs and gouges on it, if the neendle sticks then it wont allow the float to go up and causing a fuel leak

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

One reason that the needle might stick is that you are using a "bit" to much oil;)

And what nissandude says is correct:p
Translation:
its an overflow. ur float might b stuck. take off the 2 screws that hold the bottom of the carb and make sure the white cylinder is moving properly. if not it could b the floatvalve piece above the float.
************* broken spacebar.
hope this helps

^^ just to help:)

·
Banned
132 Posts

on my x18....the gas was leaking...and it was leaking out of the bottom of the gas tank, so i sealed it, it hasn't leaked since!!!

·
Banned
82 Posts

hmm try this.. the fuel shut of on them.. the rubber seal in them will rot and deteriorate (sp)?.. and bits of the rubber will travel down into the area where the neddle seats and will cause it to hang open and it will just overflow out of the carb... so take the bowl off the carb remove the rod that holds the needle clip in, pull the needle out, remove your fuel on off face piece and plastic switch and check to see of your seal is rotted.. if so replace it or jb weld it and then drill all the way down the petcock back to the carb and check to see if the passage is all clear and if it is your fuel should flow much nicer now :) and you wont have to ever worry about that seal rotting on you again, and also check to see if it has a fuel filter, if not buy one for it, you dont want dirt to plug that passage and hold the needle open either.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Help!!!!!!!!!

cleaned my carb and the overflow is not jus lettin a little gas out but is pourin it out and it still wont start(49cc cag)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!

did that...stopped the overflow but it stil wont crank........i was told if i put a few drops of gas in the head then the plug and tried and that didnt work???

81 - 100 of 116 Posts