Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting started. Does anyone know of any places/tracks to practice riding (not necessarily racing at this point)?
Open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

rick

·
Registered
271 Posts
rick said:
I'm just getting started. Does anyone know of any places/tracks to practice riding (not necessarily racing at this point)?
Open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

rick
Sure there are several MD guys in CARPA. They come down to out practice lot in Fairfax at Monument drive just off the Fairfax Cty Parkway. Try X man i think he is a MD guy maybe you could ride share. He might also know of a place closewr for you. here are some other suggestions. We practice on Thursday n Sundays at that lot. in Fairfax. AJ my son and I use a lot in Loudoun cty that is not used at night so we just sort of use it but have had no problems. I find the local police have actually encouraged us to use those vs. street riding which CARPA does not want. We are all about closed circuit only, no street stunts because of the ruckus it causes. You are more than welcome at our practices on T & S that way you can start out slow and if you like you can always race when you feel up to it, if ever. Good luck! Look for our posts here on practice days. the chatter usually starts the day before on whos going, etc.

JD

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi

I'm in Frederick. So is "Soulranger". I think "X-man" lives in Rockville.

I know there are more.

You can ride my Cag on Thursday if it's ready.

Welcome! :)

Roy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Rick..I'm a Marylander too,in Frederick like Gravel Fun said. I've had my Cag for about a month but have not had a lot of riding opportunities for one reason or another so I am technically just starting too. Where in Maryland are you? I know some of us are here in Frederick,a guy in Bowie,Rockville has a couple as well as College Park. Also a lot of guys in Northern VA.

Ross

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the quick responses.

I'll keep an eye on the forum for practice dates. I just got my starter bike today and am waiting for my buddy to get his. We'll try to make it out one of these days.

I live in Sykesville, MD (between Frederick and Baltimore), and my buddy lives in Owings Mills.

A few more questions:

The owners manual says that the gas/oil mixture should use 96 octane. Do any of you use 96 and/or know where to get it, or is it not that important? (The highest I could find today is 93.)

Also, the guy who sold it to me told me to use a 25:1 mixture, but the owners manual said to start with 30:1 for "run-in" and then 50:1 after it has been broken in. What do you guys think about that?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a true newbie.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
118 Posts
According to the experts, start at 40:1 and 93 octane is fine. There is a lot more info in the Cag section.

Roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts