Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a test, hope I did it right. It's my Giannini R-1
Frame is chrome molly tubing, TIG welded.
Forks are stainless steel 27mm seamless center less ground for accuracy of dimension and trueness.
Fork lowers are press fitted and pinned with 2 cross bolts.
Fork triple trees feature extra heavy lowers and uppers made from billet aluminum.
Handlebars are stainless steel tubing with double 6mm clamping bolts.
Steering damper.
Front and rear brakes are single rotor with hydraulic 2 piston caliper, aluminum brake lever and reservoir with DuPont teflon core, with stainless steel brake lines.
Chain tensioner internal block with screw adjuster.
Throttle is a quick turn Domino.
Brackets for brakes and footpegs made from billet aluminum.
Exhaust 2 piece seam welded with aluminum silencer.
Wheels are aluminum 1 piece billet , gold anodized with removable center hubs.
Engine is a Polini 6.2 Series II air cooled with sha 14/14 carburetor, that can upgrade to a 50cc water cooled 5 port open class engine.
Hardware is all stainless steel grade 5, including axles.
Farings are made from Lycra based fiber glass for increased strength and durability.
And is fully equipped with all the fittings and tabs to convert to a full open class water cooled racer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. :) Here's a bigger pic of it, both sides. (Sorry Robert, didn't mean to post in the wrong catagory.)

Attachments

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
I plan to order a bike from Frank this winter. i saw em at pinnacle and his bikes are stunning, totally top notch craftmanship

·
Registered
920 Posts
I will be able to see one in person this Sunday (RexRacer has one). Is this bike faster than the Elite13 R or A?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I don't think rex got the R1 in yet, he got a Euro GEM that HAULS ASSS. Scared the **** outa me riding that beast!! But VERY smooth through the turns and braking. The R1 i think comes w/ the 6.2 motor, a Elite 13 is like 10HP+ pending on the model.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Rex has the 50cc Euro GEM
Giannini R-1 is a 40cc series 2 Polini 6.2 motor AIR cooled meant for entry level racing. Just make sure that you can run Hyd brakes in Production class.

Blata Elite 13 uses there own engine and is around 10hp

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oldster, how do you possibly have an R1? they're not even done. there was only 4 demos and they're being used for that reason. I know my Giannni Gem is still in the works. the frames are ready to ship. Theres a rumor that the bikes are made in taiwan but that's far from the truth. I spoke to Giannini today and the only thing made in china is the hydraulic brakes, from a factory second to the italian manufacturers.The frames are not made in china.

MY bike now is the 6.2 series II 40cc,10hp to run the prody.my giannini bike will be my open 40cc rocket.

I'm sure you can run hydraulic brakes because it comes that way out of production.AS far as any rules around here, there isnt any yet or it hasnt been addressed. i'll just have to wait and see.

NWminiMoto-M said:
Rex has the 50cc Euro GEM
Giannini R-1 is a 40cc series 2 Polini 6.2 motor AIR cooled meant for entry level racing. Just make sure that you can run Hyd brakes in Production class.

Blata Elite 13 uses there own engine and is around 10hp

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
lucky you i have to wait a month or 2 for the cash, pictures dont even do Frank's bikes justice in person they're incredable

1 - 20 of 29 Posts