Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a problem with my half fairing cag. When I ride it, it runs great on the starts and mid range, however, once i put it in WOT for a little bit for the straights, it starts to bogg down and if i play with the throttle, giving it short bursts while its bogging it cures the problem and i can ride again until I throw it in WOT again. It feels like when your riding hard on a very very very low tank of gas, but I know I'm not running low and I ran with no gas cap so the vacuum issue is not a problem. The only thing i can think of is something got pass my fuel filter and is in my carb or engine. Does anyone have any other ideas on what this could be?

·
Registered
37 Posts
First if there is something clogging fuel flow, you need to find it and clean it out. If could cause the problems your describing.
If everything is stock and nothing is blocking flow then I'm guessing you have a main jet problem. We had the same problem on 3 of our cags and no amount of cleaning is going to fix it. The only way I know how to make it right is with an adjustable main jet. There only $6 and you will never have to worry about your top end again(unless something gets in there)

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read about the adjustable main jet, but I dont know how to do all that madness. Can you please go into great detail about the adjustable main jet and how to put it on. CAn i get it at a lawnmower shop or it has to be a pocketbike part supplier? And if I have to take my carb off i mine as well jsut Bore the hell out of it so do you have any pointers on boring it to 20mm - 14mm. thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
not 100% sure but doesnt the stock reed flutter real bad at WOT? Replacing it with a CF reed should help too.

BrainDrain_dx said:
First if there is something clogging fuel flow, you need to find it and clean it out. If could cause the problems your describing.
If everything is stock and nothing is blocking flow then I'm guessing you have a main jet problem. We had the same problem on 3 of our cags and no amount of cleaning is going to fix it. The only way I know how to make it right is with an adjustable main jet. There only $6 and you will never have to worry about your top end again(unless something gets in there)

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i know the problem........I ran the bike for 4 hours last nite. Maybe the bike was jsut a tad bit hot. But thanks for the great info. The bike ran great today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
do you have the stock fuel filter? i had the same prblm, but once i cut the fuel line shorter to be more at an angle to the carb, it made it easier to feed the fuel at wot...my stock fuel line was almost horizontal to the point that when @ wot the filter it was catching air and bogging...got a new 1/4 fuel line and made sure the fuel was taking a short path to the carb....try that and see if you havent already...

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good call Kaos.........lastnite i ran my bike it ran fine for awhile, then later on in the nite it did the same thing ..........i'm going to shorten my fuel line like you mentioned and see if it stops Bogging.

·
Registered
50 Posts
guy on the couch said:
you really should consider the reeds, relativly inexpensive and it will help with bogging, at least do some reading on the issue...jmo :D
My brothers bike ran perfect with new fuel filter installed until he had the carb bore out and istalled cf reed and now it bogs at any speed. He also installed an external filter. Anything else he should do to make the bogging go away?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i know why this bikes bog well u know the fuel switch when its on the full on some bikes the rubber inside moves thats why it feels like its not getting spark or fuel but then it works and then just dies out so get a hp carb or don't turn the switch on full turn it on about 3/4 and it should be sweet

·
Registered
4 Posts
BluZ said:
My brothers bike ran perfect with new fuel filter installed until he had the carb bore out and istalled cf reed and now it bogs at any speed. He also installed an external filter. Anything else he should do to make the bogging go away?
Make sure the main jet is correct

·
Registered
4 Posts
WEENEE said:
good call Kaos.........lastnite i ran my bike it ran fine for awhile, then later on in the nite it did the same thing ..........i'm going to shorten my fuel line like you mentioned and see if it stops Bogging.
When the stock metal reed becomes to hot it will start to flutter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts