Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this information in Yahoo's cache.
I was looking for the original READ THIS FIRST message but couldn't find it.

http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?p=pocketbikeplanet.com+%2B+Cagllari%2FDaytona+%2B+just+got&ei=UTF-8&n=20&fl=0&u=www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php%3Fs%3D%26threadid%3D4760%26highlight%3Dnew+owners&w=pocketbikeplanet+.com+cagllari+daytona+just+got&d=0F98AB72A9&icp=1

New Owners Read This Post!
Since these bikes are massed produced and I personally own 5 of them, I've been through most of the issues they have. Search the Cagllari forum for my posts....

Additionally, before you even fuel up, double check all allen bolts, especially the fork clamps. I've lost three bolts so far just off the forks. Remove bolts that may be prone to loosening by vibration, apply Loctite and re-install ( basically every bolt on the bike). Double check chain tension. You have to loosen the upper brakecaliper arm to adjust chain or you will misalign the chain/sprocket. Check brake operation. Make sure you don't have to crank on the binders to stop. Remove excess throttle play to allow full throttle operation by removing dust boot from the top of the carbuerator, backing out adjuster until engine idle starts to increase, and tightening down locknut. I believe both are 8mm.

Finally, go buy a NEW gas can to mix your gas/oil in. Don't use the old one in the garage, You'll thank me later. Rinse out the can with a little gas and pour it in your lawnmower gas can. THEN, remove the body and gas tank off the bike and rinse out the gas tank as well. While the body's off, take a good tie wrap and secure the gas line away from the exhaust pipe (again, thank me later). Now, mix gas/ oil and start. Choke is up, run is down,and for Gods sake, take the slack out of the starter rope before you try to start, or you'll be replkacing starter pawls/rope before you know it. Always start on the stand. You never know the idle setting(screw on left side of carb). Heat cycle several times for proper break-in.

If I can help, send me an e-mail.

Scott

·
Registered
474 Posts
can you please clarify for me what "heat cycling" is? I have no clue. I was just going to start it up and ride around really slow varying the throttle constantly for the first few tanks, then each tank take it up a litle higher through the revs.

how many tanks you think I should have through this before I am riding it like I will normally.

·
Registered
364 Posts
blueR1cag said:
can you please clarify for me what "heat cycling" is?
Warm the engine up; shut down and cool off. Repeat several times. Allows the internal parts to get well seated through thermal expansion / contraction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts