Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup. Got a 2 110cc bikes the other day practically brand new barely used for a good price. I'll just get to the problems. One of them, when I rev and traveling everything is fine, but as soon as I release the throttle a lot of smoke comes out of the exhaust. Another thing is when the throttle is released, it makes very loud popping sounds almost chopper like (the other one doesn't do this).

Also, the muffler disconnected from the exhaust pipe, seems like the bolts fell off as well as the gasket. Any tips would be appreciated

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
sounds like maybe an air leak is at the J pipe and the head or maybe an intake leak
oil could be the J pipe, but id check the valves and the vent tube on the rear top of the motor to make sure its clear

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Make sure you dont have too much oil in the crankcase....Capacity is only 3/4 of a qt maximum.....I use 5/8 of a qt in mine..................

Upgrade the fuellines to 1/4" and perform the restrictor tab removal mod.........

Also change out the sparkplugs to NGK CR7HSA..Gap is .023" -.027"...........Good Luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J pipe? Is that a little nub that sticks out from atop the engine, and has a tube that leads no where?

Ill check my oil levels thanks for the advice so far...

What should a do about the muffler. Anything local i can use for a gasket?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
J pipe? Is that a little nub that sticks out from atop the engine, and has a tube that leads no where?

Ill check my oil levels thanks for the advice so far...

What should a do about the muffler. Anything local i can use for a gasket?
Your local Honda dealership will have the engine to exhaust pipe donuts...Just say theyre for an 05 CRF50/70

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the J pipe is the pipe shaped like a ...J thats bolted to the head and clamped to the muffler part
the seal at the head must be good or air will suck in when you let off the gas and pop
the nub with the tube is the case vent, racers connect it to a catchcan, you can point it at the ground, none should really come out
they hook it into the intake these days for emissions but i never thought having oily air in my gas was a good thing

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh okay I get it. What would be a good way to go about sealing the connection between the j pipe and the head. Maybe some type of exhaust puddy perhaps?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts