Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Mark and I recently got into trading random things on craigslist.
I traded a working xbox360 for a non starting pocket bike.
I was wondering if anyone can help me identify it.
Also, I was thinking change its spark plug first, give it more gas and that should be step one into trying to start it.

Thanks in advance.

Here's the pics:

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It is a Cateye, 49cc stroke piston port engine with a copy 15mm Walbro WYK pumper carb. Pull the plug see if you have a spark, and what color the plug is. With a spark, put alittle gas in the hole and see if it wants to fire. The carb might not be pumping fuel, It should have an electric and pull start. Use the pull start to test start. Go look at pocketbikeparts online, the're in Florida. Put www. and a .com on the end. Click on the Cateye bike down the main page and it will take you to all kinds of parts.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Its spinning the crank... Take off the carb or muffler and put something stiff but not solid metal into either hole to stop the Piston from going up and down.. Do not use something hard that will bend the metal of teh piston o cylinder..

I have a plastic covered srewdriver that works well, a leather strap shoved in good so it doesnt sheer when you try to unbolt, a little piece of hard wood might work.. or hold the clutch somehow.. ;)

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
You also can remove the spark plug and roll up or twist a rag or t-shirt and just it into the spark plug hole . Just as much as you can. Then turn the motor until it stop turning.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
A impact would brake the bolt. The china bolt really suck. They brake very easy. If you have a hard time removing it. Try heating it up with something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, finally got that thing out. The cloth inside the spark plug worked...have no idea why but it did.
Now, on to trying to start it. Still doesnt start but I do have spark on the spark plug so Im thinking it just needs fresh gas, hopefully.
We'll see probably tomorrow when I get fresh gas and oil inside the bike. *crosses fingers

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
If it has good bright spark then try cleaning the carb and tuning it.

By putting cloth into the plug hole it stops the piston from going to TDC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome, just gonna try fresh gas first then try to get the rear wheel patched and if she starts then hoooray. If not, then I'll try the carb cleaning tips.
Funny thing is, my Triumph 675 is in the shop because it wouldnt start either...haha.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My first big motorcycle was a Triumph 500cc twin carb Tiger. They have some near 1,000+cc engines.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Awesome, just gonna try fresh gas first then try to get the rear wheel patched and if she starts then hoooray. If not, then I'll try the carb cleaning tips.
Funny thing is, my Triumph 675 is in the shop because it wouldnt start either...haha.
Get Fitch drop in tank pellets to keep your fuel from staleing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.