Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i ordered some parts for my bike through some online site, let me know what you think of the parts i bought, including experiences with any/all of the parts.

rocket key
reed spacers(2)
R1 racing carb
velocity stack
k&n filter
new plug

so how does this sound? i think it should be a good starting point right? the next thing on the list will be a pipe and if i find some time i will do a little dremel porting.

well let me know what you think about these parts i ordered, oh quick question, if i stack the reed spacers i have heard this will increase midrange, will i loose top end? tnx

·
Banned
736 Posts
yes i lost alot of mid to top end with my spacer. i could no longer hear it get on the pipe. so i took it off, i only had one on there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SUX2BU said:
yes i lost alot of mid to top end with my spacer. i could no longer hear it get on the pipe. so i took it off, i only had one on there.
damn thats what i was afraid of, oh well it might be suited for my track back home where there is not much of a streight away anyway. or maybe they will come in handy for wheelie mode. lol

hey one more thing, what pipe does everyone run and where did you get it. i have heard good things about Ip2's race pipe but where can i get one? thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
not a very good start. those parts arent going to do anything noticable.

you should of started from the inside out.. heres some suggestions.

4 port barrel or big bore kit
ported carb
ip2 pipe
full circle stroker crank
cf reeds
clutch springs

·
Registered
62 Posts
mike93eh said:
not a very good start. those parts arent going to do anything noticable.

you should of started from the inside out.. heres some suggestions.

4 port barrel or big bore kit
ported carb
ip2 pipe
full circle stroker crank
cf reeds
clutch springs
I agree!!! Everything you have added up won't be noticeable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn, lol. well that sux, maybe they haven't processed the order yet, if not i will get a pipe and maybe rip into the ports a little and then the parts will be useful. well im still hoping that i will notice a difference, and i will write a review when i get it in.

·
Registered
285 Posts
tek said:
damn, lol. well that sux, maybe they haven't processed the order yet, if not i will get a pipe and maybe rip into the ports a little and then the parts will be useful. well im still hoping that i will notice a difference, and i will write a review when i get it in.
umm nope you wont. i just installed the fcs crank today and dayyyyuuuum..

and dont get the ebay poop bling blang pipe either. ip2, jetpro, 6.2 are good pipes..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mike93eh said:
umm nope you wont. i just installed the fcs crank today and dayyyyuuuum..

and dont get the ebay poop bling blang pipe either. ip2, jetpro, 6.2 are good pipes..
where can i get the ip2 pipe? i found one site but i want to shop around too. im also thinking of a big bore kit as well. maybe in the future.

·
Registered
285 Posts
adrenaline is the oly place that sells the ip2 pipe and all of ip2s parts. and the big bore kit.

the price on the pipe just went up $40 also, you better get it while you can.

·
Registered
474 Posts
anyone tried cutting the inch from before the expansion chamber and adding an inch to the largest part of the expansion chamber, I read a post where some guy said he was out of pipes and to do that and it gives you more performance. if you did it is it top end or low end where you notice it. I am down in cali right now and my friend owns a muffler shop here so I could do it for free. should I?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update guys, i canceled the order, gonna go with an ip2 pipe, 60 rear sproket, adj main jet, and maybe a .5 reed. oh and i will be boring the carb out and making an air filter assembly. if i need more power later, i will probibly get the big bore kit along with the fc crank, for right now though i think those mods should be good, plus i live in co so that makes it easy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
the IP2 pipe is more for top end right? and you geared up? Id try it out with the 68T with the mods before I slapped on the 60T, not sure the bike would pull much at all with the 60T sprocket.

·
Registered
184 Posts
my first order was a Walbro wt-668 carb 15 mm bore, V-stack, billet intake manifold, air filter, fiberglass reed valve, 10 degree timing advancement key.. is that a decent start?

·
Banned
736 Posts
I ordered two of those carbs cause i thought the first one was bad. but neither of them started my bike, just flooded it out. I did how ever manage to where four holes in my hand from trying to start it so much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
best and cheapest route to go is to machine off your head and have a hand fitted head installed.....why? cause the chinese cag pistons are molded or cast. none of them have the same pin height. we can open ten bikes out of the box and there will always be one that screams the most.......cause it got lucky and got decent compression. we can machine two cylinders the same and install the cnc heads and one of the pistons will hit the head.....go figure, we did. Hand fit the cylinder and head to the PISTON and rest assured of the compression ratio you are running, throw away the chinese carb and install a real dell orto carb, tweak the manifold, install airbreather that breathes.......you will notice this.....right in the bottom end "Torque" is where it is at. The chinese cags have decent top end, just getting it rollin to reach top end is where the biggest improvement can be made that you can really feel. Buy you some clutch springs......up the rpm engagement of the clutch......this gets you out of the corners faster.; wanna really mess with some heads......install an Xcan for more bottom end.

OnLy At The PlaNeT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts